IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
might be a stupid question but is there any overlap between knowing accounting and IT? Secondly could it be beneficial to seeking employment in the IT field?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I always heard this, but I thought it was just an exaggeration. More than half of my team is Indian :wtf:

Been saying this forever. Like 99% of my department are Indians. They are all full-time employees but became upset during a meeting when our CIO said he plans on cutting down on contractors/outsourcing...shyt was to funny.

Edit: Forgot to add, I've only really seen them on the development side though and not so much networking/security. They are slowly creeping into game programming as well.

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
might be a stupid question but is there any overlap between knowing accounting and IT? Secondly could it be beneficial to seeking employment in the IT field?

This probably won't directly answer your question, but for what it's worth my old boss was an accountant until he started his own business creating software.

He didn't actually get his hands dirty with the technical stuff though; he was the mind behind the design of the software we were building.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This probably won't directly answer your question, but for what it's worth my old boss was an accountant until he started his own business creating software.

He didn't actually get his hands dirty with the technical stuff though; he was the mind behind the design of the software we were building.

thought so, appreciate the response. Ifigured it would only be relevant if you were the head of your own small company. Im just trying to rationalize whetehr or not I should go ahead and pursue this accounting degree or abandon it entirely and pursue networking

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
yes, go work at Deloitte
:mjlol:

If he went to Deloitte he wouldn't be doing an IT related job. And Deloitte isn't a cake walk to get into all of their entry level stuff they recruit form specific schools, and if you are trying to get in after in a mid level role you would have needed to have had some Consulting experience prior. He may be able to get assigned to do Consulting at an IT company but it still wouldn't be an IT related role but more so Management Consulting or Auditing.