IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:damn: @ the rate

BKzf0HY.png

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
fakkit cac basically told me "******, you're not smart enough :comeon:"

Kinda like this scene:

Smh cacs gon cac

Them rates tho :damn:

Breh what do entry level security jobs look for (does that even exist)?

Like cert wise and exp wise?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Smh cacs gon cac

Them rates tho :damn:

Breh what do entry level security jobs look for (does that even exist)?

Like cert wise and exp wise?

Entry level is probably 1-3 years of exp and the cissp/security+. You'll probably start out at 40-50k (totally guessing though). I got into security by being a networking/sys admin guy. My 1st security gig paid $25/hr. I probably had 3-4 years of experience at the point. My 2nd gig was $32.50. My 3rd one was $35/hr. I got my CISSP and was making $60/hr by my 4th one.

Security is so big you can get into from pretty much anything. Databases, development, networking, servers, policies, etc. I had a boy making like $60/hr writing security policies all day :mjlol:

With 5 or years of exp (assuming you learn the right skills) you should easily be at $50/hr minimum. But if you REALLY get on your grind and carve out a niche for yourself, you could probably hit 500k/yr as a full blown security consultant.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Entry level is probably 1-3 years of exp and the cissp/security+. You'll probably start out at 40-50k (totally guessing though). I got into security by being a networking/sys admin guy. My 1st security gig paid $25/hr. I probably had 3-4 years of experience at the point. My 2nd gig was $32.50. My 3rd one was $35/hr. I got my CISSP and was making $60/hr by my 4th one.

Security is so big you can get into from pretty much anything. Databases, development, networking, servers, policies, etc. I had a boy making like $60/hr writing security policies all day :mjlol:

With 5 or years of exp (assuming you learn the right skills) you should easily be at $50/hr minimum. But if you REALLY get on your grind and carve out a niche for yourself, you could probably hit 500k/yr as a full blown security consultant.
Dope :salute:

What skills would a security analyst typically require? Networking i assume but what else?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I come in at 930, take 2 hour lunches, and leave by 4 :wow:

:wow:

I'm strictly 8-5 myself (with an hour lunch) and not a minute more. :heh:

If I stay 15 minutes late one day best believe I'm leaving 15 minutes early the next day...my place isn't going to pay OT so the fukk I look like working for free? :heh:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
hmmm...I get a lot of recruiters contacting me for exchange gigs if you guys are interested. I can pass them along here. They're all over the U.S.
This might be a good idea. Drop shyt in here we don't want and have the brehs that do hit the recruiters with that

0J85Pz.gif