IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This just came in my inbox. $60-65/hr. 5 years of exp. No degree required :mjpls:

gc28Wg8.png

DankGretzky

// double uranium \\
Daps
Guys.. Help with my dilemma.

On one hand.. My current job will give me a 15k raise.. I will continue my TL job and the best experience I can get from it is Automation.

On the other hand I will get a new job for IPT deployment.. This is an engineering position and I will get to add full site deployment to my resume. Ok nly a 5k raise..

The current I can break 100k if ubinclude bonuses... 90k without flooring bobuses.. The latter I will make exactly 75k.

Experience or money brehs?
u flexxin on us dam

Ghost Like Swayze

Giving your girl private pottery classes :umad:
Daps
Reppin
AfterLife
If you're interested, get that A+ and start applying for jobs. Just be willing to accept that you'll have to start at the bottom (probably helpdesk/desktop support) and work your way up. Depending on what you make now, that might mean a pay cut. The degree won't make that much difference right off the bat, you'll still probably start out taking calls like everybody else.

When I got out of college I started out only making like 30k or so and working with a lot of people that didn't have degrees. But when that Systems Engineer job opened up I pretty much got automatic preference over my coworkers with no degree, and I know if a management position opens up I'll be on the short list of candidates. So it'll probably help you in the long run.

A+ got it.

So after that where is it best to go next in terms of certs? Is there a comprehensive list of all certs and what I can look to make from each. I really want to get involved as quickly as possible.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Tired of trying to be pideon holed into Helpdesk positions :beli:

Might take off Nov & Dec to knock out Powershell & My CISSP, ima show they p*ssy ass

D0sewyX.gif

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My job is getting stupid. I've been working 50-60 hours a week because my manager doesn't like the candidates HR sends him.

I worked 7am to 8pm today. :sadcam:

Silkk

Daps
My job is getting stupid. I've been working 50-60 hours a week because my manager doesn't like the candidates HR sends him.

Get you some adderall and :eat:

I was straight KILLING my last company :banderas:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Get you some adderall and :eat:

I was straight KILLING my last company :banderas:
Nah, breh. For 118.5 hours, my take home pay was $1600. Taxes take a chunk outta the overtime. It's time for a new job.

I have a technical interview coming up in a couple of weeks. Where can I learn OSX command line?

Silkk

Daps
Nah, breh. For 118.5 hours, my take home pay was $1600. Taxes take a chunk outta the overtime. It's time for a new job.

I have a technical interview coming up in a couple of weeks. Where can I learn OSX command line?
118.5 hours....net pay $1600

Dylan-Confused-About-Sugar-Cookies-On-The-Chappelle-Show.gif

Aint in the mood to do the math. As far as the other question, try Khan Academy or Codeacademy

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Sooo last week i made this post
Yup i need to get the fukk outta this job asap :snoop:

Today I had an interview and got offered a tier 2 role at cablevision and I passed my ICND1 an hour later with a 894 :blessed:

The goal is not to stay at this tier 2 role past 6 months. Once I have my full CCNA I will transition in a networking role at cablevision or some where else.

I needed to leave this spot Im at now because I've been there a year and half still as a contractor :snoop: wasnt getting paid anything worthwhile at all. But i did get A LOT of experience dealing with servers and just general help desk work. It was my first IT job and with no A+ or anything to my name they just took a risk on me and it paid off for me in the end. Had to sacrifice some cash for the experience

:blessed: free cable

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Right there with you. Been working 4am-6pm past 2 weeks. Zombie mode activated.

I come in at 930, take 2 hour lunches, and leave by 4 :wow:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wow: one day soon
Did 8 till 8 yesterday had to deal with these polling issues with some ollllllld ass legacy software but I claimed that overtime :wow: Had pizza on expenses :wow::flabbynsick:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Tired of trying to be pideon holed into Helpdesk positions :beli:

Might take off Nov & Dec to knock out Powershell & My CISSP, ima show they p*ssy ass

D0sewyX.gif

This could be you breh :wow:

KZWCOV6.png

And I remember the cac admissions person trying to dissuade me from getting into IT :mjlol: