IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Just started a help desk job this week. It's not the position I was hoping for:francis:
but it's slightly better pay than my previous job and it will be good experience for my resume. Next, I plan to slowly gather the parts I need to build a PC for virtualization while studying for my next cert. Not sure which one I'll pursue though
Either the Security+ or a Cisco cert:jbhmm:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just started a help desk job this week. It's not the position I was hoping for:francis:
but it's slightly better pay than my previous job and it will be good experience for my resume. Next, I plan to slowly gather the parts I need to build a PC for virtualization while studying for my next cert. Not sure which one I'll pursue though
Either the Security+ or a Cisco cert:jbhmm:
Congrats breh :blessed: Did you have prior IT experience before this with A+?

Im tryna get my boy into the IT word and he just wont believe that all it takes is some hustle and you can get work

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Congrats breh :blessed: Did you have prior IT experience before this with A+?

Im tryna get my boy into the IT word and he just wont believe that all it takes is some hustle and you can get work
Nah not really. For 3-4 months I self studied for the A+, got that cert, then put the skills I learned from studying on my resume. I got a job offer within a month after passing the test.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Whats that mean? :lupe:

:mjpls:

No-Further-Questions-2.jpg

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Had a interview today for a non it job breh told me I can do better because I speak well and sound like I have sense.

Also put my a+ on the resume and he said he'll let me know if he has field support engineer positions, company was ricoh.

Studying right now for this n+. Bought professor Messor notes for 10 bucks be he missed a lot of stuff smh.

Do you guys take a lot of notes or little notes?