IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was checking them out, gonna go to the library the next few days and try to get good at it
never understood why there isnt more sites like codeacademy, the need is there. For things like coding the learning has to be interactive you cant learn coding from a book which is why codeacademy is perfect for someone to learn the basics and move on. i spent the summer going through their html class and im currently breezing for my programming class at uni :russ:. This sql course is perfect for me since thats what's in in school for to become a business analyst and from what i've read sql in general is good for anyone working in an office because it's more powerful than excel and people who know excel eat good so imagine someone that knows sql :wow:. Analyzing and collecting data is becoming very important brehs better hop on that sql wave

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
never understood why there isnt more sites like codeacademy, the need is there. For things like coding the learning has to be interactive you cant learn coding from a book which is why codeacademy is perfect for someone to learn the basics and move on. i spent the summer going through their html class and im currently breezing for my programming class at uni :russ:. This sql course is perfect for me since thats what's in in school for to become a business analyst and from what i've read sql in general is good for anyone working in an office because it's more powerful than excel and people who know excel eat good so imagine someone that knows sql :wow:. Analyzing and collecting data is becoming very important brehs better hop on that sql wave
Yeah im fukking with theirs and Khan academy has one as well

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just copped this CISSP Groupon. I see why it's 6 hours and takes months to study for

nKII514.png

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Silkk You gon make it back tho :blessed:

@aXiom Whats good with the studies?:lupe: I been slacking a bit cos so much new shyt to learn at work after a long day I just :deadrose:when I get home.

Think Im gonna book mid to late november that will get my ass in gear I think... im behind schedule:lupe:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
@Silkk You gon make it back tho :blessed:

@aXiom Whats good with the studies?:lupe: I been slacking a bit cos so much new shyt to learn at work after a long day I just :deadrose:when I get home.

Think Im gonna book mid to late november that will get my ass in gear I think... im behind schedule:lupe:

Breh.. You took the keys right out of my keyboard :snoop:

I need to get back on it though.. right now I'm surrounded by nikkas with no hustle that's been doing helpdesk for 10 years.. when I ask them about certs they look at me like :dwillhuh:

The way this shyt looking I might have to shut everything down for about 6 months if I wanna make this shyt happen in a timely fashion.. just work + study :mjcry:

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
MCSE: Server is five different tests at $150 a piece? :what:
Yup. The first 3 exams once you pass you will become MCSA2012 certified. Then the last 2 exams once you pass you become MCSE. I have my MCSA now. Prepping for MCSE probably by January after i finish reading how to learn powershell in a month of lunches and the active directory version

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Yup. The first 3 exams once you pass you will become MCSA2012 certified. Then the last 2 exams once you pass you become MCSE. I have my MCSA now. Prepping for MCSE probably by January after i finish reading how to learn powershell in a month of lunches and the active directory version
How much time did you put in for the first three?

There's a combo that let's you grab both mcsa server 2012 and office365 in 4 exams.. I think I'm gonna go that route..

Need to knock this ms shyt out so I can get back on this cisco path.. Got a whole bunch of cisco hardware at work to play with.. Got me thinking about grabbing ccna voice before ccnp.. :lupe:

Voip is hot right now..

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Any elite programmers in the house? I have an idea for an app that could take off in a major way.

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
How much time did you put in for the first three?

There's a combo that let's you grab both mcsa server 2012 and office365 in 4 exams.. I think I'm gonna go that route..

Need to knock this ms shyt out so I can get back on this cisco path.. Got a whole bunch of cisco hardware at work to play with.. Got me thinking about grabbing ccna voice before ccnp.. :lupe:

Voip is hot right now..

Took me 5 months to pass all 3 for MCSA2012

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just got access to my project management cert today and my microsoft azure account where i can create sql database and upload it create websites and a shyt of other stuff :wow:. I need to get to america

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just copped this CISSP Groupon. I see why it's 6 hours and takes months to study for

nKII514.png

:mjpls:
15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2015

3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
$110,603

Offered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, CISSP is designed to provide vendor-neutral security expertise, similar to the certifications ISACA offers. Launched in 1994, CISSP consists of an exam based around ten different areas in computer security, including risk analysis, cloud computing, security when developing applications, mobile, cryptography, physical security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, and legal and compliance issues.

CISSP candidates must have at least five years of full-time experience in at least two of the ten areas tested. If you don't have the work experience, you can earn an Associate of (ISC)2 designation while working toward the full certification.

CISSP certification has a broad focus, covering many areas in a single certification. There is also a requirement to earn Continuous Professional Education (CPE) credits every year to remain certified. There are nearly 96,000 CISSPs worldwide, with approximately two-thirds of them in the United States.