IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm currently interning at a small computer repair shop and I'm preparing to retake my A+ 801. I missed it the first time by 20 points. I was talking to the older guy who works in the shop and we were talking about the future. Long story short, he was telling me it basically unless to learn about for windows computers because apple is taking over. How correct is he on this or is he just talking out of his ass?

Normally if you have a graphic design department they'll all be using MAC computers. Most of the top level Executives at companies use Apple products like iPad's and iPhones instead of a Windows PC. So there is a growing market for Apple products especially since Microsoft constantly shoots themselves in the foot releasing dud's like Windows 8.

Daps
Damn you just leaving graphic design behind?
nah I'm not gonna leave it behind. I'm a do a double. Finish getting my bachelor's in graphic design, go ham on the certs and try to combine the two together and work at a high end tech facility. Trying to get multiple sources of income flowing here

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Im practicing to get it fully down in my head its not too bad because its all the same numbers
Do this at least 30 mins per day the week leading up to your exam subnetting.net - Subnet Questions and Answers

At my peak studying for ICND1 my best was 14 questions in 5 mins @ 100%. The goal is to be able to answer any question thrown at you in under 30 seconds.. if you can do that you're gonna save yourself a lot of time on the exam allowing you more time for the simlets.

Victory laps :blessed:

You passed MCSA breh :lupe:

Last edited:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do this at least 30 mins per day the week leading up to your exam subnetting.net - Subnet Questions and Answers

At my peak studying for ICND1 my best was 14 questions in 5 mins @ 100%. The goal is to be able to answer any question thrown at you in under 30 seconds.. if you can do that you're gonna save yourself a lot of time on the exam allowing you more time for the simlets.

You passed MCSA breh :lupe:
:heh: I was referring to homie that handed in his notice

Started playing MGSV this weekend...that was a mistake :damn:

Have to go hard next week. Work just starting to get hectic too:sadcam:

Tried to look at IPV6 today, fukk that shyt for life :yeshrug:, I just skipped it all together in CCNA, no questions on the exam :lolbron:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:heh: I was referring to homie that handed in his notice

Started playing MGSV this weekend...that was a mistake :damn:

Have to go hard next week. Work just starting to get hectic too:sadcam:

Tried to look at IPV6 today, fukk that shyt for life :yeshrug:, I just skipped it all together in CCNA, no questions on the exam :lolbron:
Everyone hates that shyt and damn near everyone skipped the chapter as it's basically nonexistent on the exam:lolbron: I feel like a sucker for learning it :snoop:

but it allowed me to skim through the v6 chapter in the msca study guide, so I guess it evens out :manny:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In Electrical and Electonic Engineering :yeshrug:

I know quite a few people in IT nobody has a degree in a related field :lolbron:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Being in the Software development sphere for quite a few years, certs haven't come up that often, unless you get into a specialized tool. If you wanna practice some type of web or software development on your own, you can come up with a small project or you can take a look at one of those code
challenge sites (such as code wars)
Well I started my career plan over, again :francis: I'm now dabbling in Software Development. Just started to look up certs but don't know which one my career falls into. Any help on how to get started, besides acquiring certs? I tried Web Development but lost interest in it after a while.

I'm 21(birthday is in 3 weeks :old:), no degree yet(a year away from my Associates), and possess no drive or motivation. My life is a big blur right now brehs. I just don't know what to do :mjcry: