IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:How long you been studying for the 410 breh.. and what reading material you using?

I been studying for about 5 weeks now. My idea was to take 2 months for each exam but I started a new job at the same time so I had to :whoa: Back on it, every night about 1 - 2 hours then I lab for a while till I'm tired so I'll see how it goes in about a month.

Because of CCNA I can breeze through certain bits without too much trouble, what really cements my knowledge is to read a chapter then watch vids based on it. Really helps me connect the dots, going from vids to book, not so much. I also will have 2k12 open as im watching a vid and just poke around at the options.

I got CBT Nuggets n shyt but I found that is too long in one sitting and I zzzz found a nice course on udemy from this guy

John Savill

5-10 min videos so I can concentrate 2 or 3 vids, take a break for a couple mins then hit the next one. Holla if you need it I don't even remember where I got it :heh:

The physical book Im using is by William Panek from the Sybex guys, I love the format, passed my ICND2 with the same guys so had to re-up

Ebooks I got it all, what you need :smugbiden:, I'll soon be ordering the Month of Lunches series for PowerShell and AD as those seem pretty good, I dont think I will actually learn it in a month but I like the format and will be something to do on my lunches besides the coli :lolbron:

My plan is to pass within 6 months, then sit and learn for another 6 by which time I'll be with this company for a year and then bounce :birdman:

I took the same approach for CCNA and it worked well, got out in 10 months now working with Cisco equip :whew: Still level 2 helpdesk tho :to:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I been studying for about 5 weeks now. My idea was to take 2 months for each exam but I started a new job at the same time so I had to :whoa: Back on it, every night about 1 - 2 hours then I lab for a while till I'm tired so I'll see how it goes in about a month.

Because of CCNA I can breeze through certain bits without too much trouble, what really cements my knowledge is to read a chapter then watch vids based on it. Really helps me connect the dots, going from vids to book, not so much. I also will have 2k12 open as im watching a vid and just poke around at the options.

I got CBT Nuggets n shyt but I found that is too long in one sitting and I zzzz found a nice course on udemy from this guy

John Savill

5-10 min videos so I can concentrate 2 or 3 vids, take a break for a couple mins then hit the next one. Holla if you need it I don't even remember where I got it :heh:

The physical book Im using is by William Panek from the Sybex guys, I love the format, passed my ICND2 with the same guys so had to re-up

Ebooks I got it all, what you need :smugbiden:, I'll soon be ordering the Month of Lunches series for PowerShell and AD as those seem pretty good, I dont think I will actually learn it in a month but I like the format and will be something to do on my lunches besides the coli :lolbron:

My plan is to pass within 6 months, then sit and learn for another 6 by which time I'll be with this company for a year and then bounce :birdman:

I took the same approach for CCNA and it worked well, got out in 10 months now working with Cisco equip :whew: Still level 2 helpdesk tho :to:
I got both the William Panek and the Pearson Cert guide.. what threw me off was the WP book was 1200 pages for all 3 exams and people were saying that there's a lot of shyt that it doesn't cover while the Pearson Cert Guide was 1100 for just the first exam, so I figured I'd just give myself 6 weeks and read both.. got 200 pages of the Pearson book left.. I've labbed everything in the book in VMs. Gonna read the powershell in a month of lunches book while I run though the CBT videos in the next 2 weeks then use the final 2 weeks to prep for the exam with Panek book and some more lab videos. If the Pearson guide is too in-depth then I'll just stick to the Panek book for the other 2 exams, but I don't wanna go into the first one without covering all the bases.. though it's a fukkton of reading :snoop:

And yeah, CCNA damn near lets you press fast forward on basically anything network related.. saved me a ton of time :whew:

I'm gunning for Feb/March to knock out all three.. grab my MCSE by June/July then I can get back to CCNP...

What kinda work they letting you do with them cisco toys :lupe:

You should check this out..
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=6DB15F54D10626ED!115&app=OneNote&authkey=!AEfJS3opqeHaR5A

shyt I'm in Miramar, where you work at?

Well I used to work in Pines.. starting new job next week

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got both the William Panek and the Pearson Cert guide.. what threw me off was the WP book was 1200 pages for all 3 exams and people were saying that there's a lot of shyt that it doesn't cover while the Pearson Cert Guide was 1100 for just the first exam, so I figured I'd just give myself 6 weeks and read both.. got 200 pages of the Pearson book left.. I've labbed everything in the book in VMs. Gonna read the powershell in a month of lunches book while I run though the CBT videos in the next 2 weeks then use the final 2 weeks to prep for the exam with Panek book and some more lab videos. If the Pearson guide is too in-depth then I'll just stick to the Panek book for the other 2 exams, but I don't wanna go into the first one without covering all the bases.. though it's a fukkton of reading :snoop:

And yeah, CCNA damn near lets you press fast forward on basically anything network related.. saved me a ton of time :whew:

I'm gunning for Feb/March to knock out all three.. grab my MCSE by June/July then I can get back to CCNP...

What kinda work they letting you do with them cisco toys :lupe:

You should check this out..
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=6DB15F54D10626ED!115&app=OneNote&authkey=!AEfJS3opqeHaR5A

Well I used to work in Pines.. starting new job next week

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
I been looking for this 90 day shyt, could never find the actual outline for the shyt... rep pending dont even trip :salute:

Our plans sound similar, so far which has served you better? I heard the exam can ask some random ass questions so it's hard to know...maybe I should get both too.:jbhmm:
Sometimes reading just :why:.. finish half a chapter and thinking wtf did i just read :merchant:

At work its mostly troubleshooting, work for a consultancy company so we do all kinds of shyt, a senior college is just getting me into some QoS shyt now so im just tryna sponge it all up.:blessed:

I'm so pumped for this shyt right now tho :ohlawd:

Im really chasin down 6 certs out here :childplease:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
I been looking for this 90 day shyt, could never find the actual outline for the shyt... rep pending dont even trip :salute:

Our plans sound similar, so far which has served you better? I heard the exam can ask some random ass questions so it's hard to know...maybe I should get both too.:jbhmm:
Sometimes reading just :why:.. finish half a chapter and thinking wtf did i just read :merchant:

At work its mostly troubleshooting, work for a consultancy company so we do all kinds of shyt, a senior college is just getting me into some QoS shyt now so im just tryna sponge it all up.:blessed:

I'm so pumped for this shyt right now tho :ohlawd:

Im really chasin down 6 certs out here :childplease:
Breh.. I don't even stress the first read through.. I'll read some shyt that i'll totally forget by the next chapter that'll pop up in my brain a week later like someone turned on a lightbulb in that mofo :mjlol:

The Pearson book gets deep, but through the chapters they got these sections where they show you random examples of questions the test may throw at you.. better to read twice than fail once:manny:

I just make sure there's nothing in the labs that's not too hazy.. It's also great to have more than one source of reading material as authors have different ways of explaining shyt.. you're looking at someone who HATES reading, but if I don't read I can't get these certs :francis:

nikkas think this 6 cert shyt is a game.. not to me.. @bdizzle be dopping some life altering info in this thread and he backs it up with receipts... we talking about achievable bread breh.. fukk I look like not getting the other 5 certs :pachaha:

Last edited:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
I was being a little lazy
fuFgzN1.png

But help a nikka out though:feedme::mjcry:

Cats in here lacing you up on 360 pages of game and you can't be bothered to check back a few pages?

Help yourself before asking anyone for help.

@bdizzle Any software recommendations for running these programs on a macbook?

Grab VirtualBox and setup virtual machines for everything. Can also grab Remote Desktop Client for OS X.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Cats in here lacing you up on 360 pages of game and you can't be bothered to check back a few pages?

Help yourself before asking anyone for help.

Grab VirtualBox and setup virtual machines for everything. Can also grab Remote Desktop Client for OS X.

:salute: Thanks

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
I guess if I'm violating TOS, I'll get a warning or this post will get deleted but, some of y'all may want to looking into trying Modafinil or Armodafinil for those long grind sessions.

Basically like taking popping adderall/ritalin sans feeling like a jittery, cracked out mess. Lot of college students are using these joints to stay awake and focused. Also used in the military and such.

It's not going to make you smarter, but it can help maximize your potential.

Armodafinil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Modafinil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia