IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You gonna be mad disappointed in me after our previous convo but ill be honest i been slacking ever since and haven't read much of the torrent file i read for the A+ :mjcry:

I'm failing you #CertGang :mjcry:

I don't know why but its like i can't motivate myself when im not making money...may sound dumb and i know people say to just study your ass off and dont worry about being unemployed but i can't stop it...
Take yo ass to the library:ufdup:

I'll be in there doing 8-10 hour shifts this next week since my bum ass squad done already tanked the season :martin:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I keep telling brehs how easy it is to move up glad to see someone follow the blueprint :wow:.

Here's some areas to focus on if you wanna blow past 100k:

Powershell - learn it very well. If you know it, it'll put you right at the front of the line.

Group Policy - you gotta be very familiar with group policy. Learn it in and out.

SCCM - its huge and pretty much all big companies use it to manage their infrastructure

Exchange - it pretty much dominates the messaging landscape. It's everywhere

AD CS - if you can become proficient in PKI, you can easily start getting security gigs (an extra 20-30k a year easy).

Setup some vms and start testing out all of those systems and put that shyt on your resume (get your MCSE too). Then you just back, relax, and watch how many recruiters start blowing your phone up for 6 figure jobs :whew:
How long would it take to learn all of this?And what certs do you need for all of that?

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Yesterday i didnt know anything about this IT life, today im feasting on the free informative courses on youtube etc. The plan is to get that compTIA A+ and build from there... I hope its worth it

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Breh, you been in this thread long enough to know you should look shyt up on your own. Is Google broken :comeon:

I was being a little lazy
fuFgzN1.png

But help a nikka out though:feedme::mjcry:

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I just posted about 6 gigs paying from $70-100/hr and you still being lazy :dahell:

Looks like @aXiom is the only one who really want this paper :wow:
You ain't have to put it like that:yeahiight:

Thanks to your advice, I got my A+ got another job a few weeks after through the recommendation of a friend and I'm on the path. I just had a temporary lapse of weakness:mjcry::sadbron::to:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I just posted about 6 gigs paying from $70-100/hr and you still being lazy :dahell:

Looks like @aXiom is the only one who really want this paper :wow:
Nah, it be like that sometimes.. sometimes you fall off the wagon, but it's more about how fast you get back on.. I had a 4 month gap between my ccent and ccna that I could've fit this MCSA between, now it's just wasted time that I can't get back.. being around people that's eatin, seeing legit results and seeing there's a a legit pathway to it if you apply yourself and stay motivated helps too, so keep posting them job offers :salute:

I just got a cisco 800 series router that I integrated into my home network.. got the whole crib setup as a domain with a network printer and 2 dhcp scopes for lan and wlan.. learning is so much better when you can see shyt happen in the physical :ahh:

If anyone is looking to get into ccna, they should definitely grab one of these off ebay for $35..

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I'm trying to get the N+ because I don't understanding routing too well with the ccent.

I have the A+ and have been applying for some field tech/ tech support jobs.

I'm older than most brehs in here so I don't even know what the future holds.

I can always go back to being a security guard :francis:

:scust::mjcry:

If I don't get job soon I'll go get that LPN license and lift up fat fukks all day and stick my hand in a nikka ass for 20 dollars a hour:mjcry:

Worried over my age and race:mjcry:

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Nah, it be like that sometimes.. sometimes you fall off the wagon, but it's more about how fast you get back on.. I had a 4 month gap between my ccent and ccna that I could've fit this MCSA between, now it's just wasted time that I can't get back.. being around people that's eatin, seeing legit results and seeing there's a a legit pathway to it if you apply yourself and stay motivated helps too, so keep posting them job offers :salute:

I just got a cisco 800 series router that I integrated into my home network.. got the whole crib setup as a domain with a network printer and 2 dhcp scopes for lan and wlan.. learning is so much better when you can see shyt happen in the physical :ahh:

If anyone is looking to get into ccna, they should definitely grab one of these off ebay for $35..

What city you live in breh?

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell

What city you live in breh?
I stay in Broward

:ohhh:How long you been studying for the 410 breh.. and what reading material you using?

shyt I'm in Miramar, where you work at?