IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You also asked what the hell is SAP :mjpls:

But no I don't know, never had a reason to learn it.
Data Editing Software Program. Asking cause i was looking through jobs on dice and like 80% of the return results for security/analyst had that listed as a skill that should be known :patrice:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Data Editing Software Program. Asking cause i was looking through jobs on dice and like 80% of the return results for security/analyst had that listed as a skill that should be known :patrice:

Security is a big field, never even came across a gig that mentioned SAP in any serious capacity.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Brehs... how long would it take to learn basic active directory for lvl 1/2 help desk.. minor stuff like resetting passwords, adding users/computers etc. Was looking at a few videos and it doesn't seem that difficult.. Could I learn enough in 2 weeks to get through an interview :ohhh:

I had to pass up like 3 different jobs because of lack of AD experience.. a hiring manager just called me a few mins ago[on a holiday weekend] and told me my resume looks good for this lvl 2 helpdesk, but he wanted to know if I had any experience with AD.. I told him no :snoop:

I don't wanna take my foot off the throttle on my ccnp studies, but if I can lab my way to some AD experience in a few weeks I'd definitely do that then get back to ccnp.

The easiest way is to look up a lvl 1/2 AD job and watch a YouTube video on how to do some of the tasks in the job description. AD can be relatively simple since MS did a good job on the tools, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

Also for the interview, you should have a basic understanding of how it works. So you might know how to create a group but do you know how to change a group's scope and do you know the difference between the type of scopes and how they're used?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've got a question for the people who make a living as contractors. How much time off do you get? How stressful is lining up your next gig?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've got a question for the people who make a living as contractors. How much time off do you get? How stressful is lining up your next gig?

I can quit my job tomorrow and have another gig paying 150k in a month. I have more job security now than I ever did as a FTE.

As far as time off, I took a year off in 2008 and another year off in 2012. Next time I take a year off I'm probably gonna spend it in Brazil or Ghana.