IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Brehs... how long would it take to learn basic active directory for lvl 1/2 help desk.. minor stuff like resetting passwords, adding users/computers etc. Was looking at a few videos and it doesn't seem that difficult.. Could I learn enough in 2 weeks to get through an interview :ohhh:

I had to pass up like 3 different jobs because of lack of AD experience.. a hiring manager just called me a few mins ago[on a holiday weekend] and told me my resume looks good for this lvl 2 helpdesk, but he wanted to know if I had any experience with AD.. I told him no :snoop:

I don't wanna take my foot off the throttle on my ccnp studies, but if I can lab my way to some AD experience in a few weeks I'd definitely do that then get back to ccnp.

If you're going for the CCNP, then why don't you look for NOC jobs? If you actually do get the CCNP and really know the material then you might even luck up and get on as Jr. Engineer.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
If you're going for the CCNP, then why don't you look for NOC jobs? If you actually do get the CCNP and really know the material then you might even luck up and get on as Jr. Engineer.
Thing is I'm still about 4-5 months out from acquiring my ccnp and while I know the material I don't have any real world experience with routers and switches. Even the NOC jobs around my way requires experience.. I've yet to get a call back from a networking application.. I've gotten a lot of helpdesk/support call backs and 3 interviews though.. :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thing is I'm still about 4-5 months out from acquiring my ccnp and while I know the material I don't have any real world experience with routers and switches. Even the NOC jobs around my way requires experience.. I've yet to get a call back from a networking application.. I've gotten a lot of helpdesk/support call backs and 3 interviews though.. :francis:

Yeah, you're gonna have to roll with a helpdesk job and work your way up. Even with a CCNP, you're probably not getting a networking job with no experience.

As far as AD experience, most of the basic helpdesk functions (creating accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, etc.) are pretty self-explanatory so you can honestly just bullshyt it. Just look up a few Youtube videos of people unlocking accounts and shyt and you should honestly be good.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can some of you tell me how to change an IP address constantly without using a VPN?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Well....I'm thinking about finally taking that leap and joining the IT brotherhood :jbhmm:

Just some of the success stories...Brothas making $60-70 an hour sittin in they draws, playing PS4. Thats a black man's dream:wow:
I've always been into computers and most of the time when I'm not out...I'm on my laptop:yeshrug:
Its just that some of the info....can be kinda overwhelming/confusing for a novice/beginner like myself :lupe: :damn:

So, I'm gonna take the opportunity and try to learn CompTia A+. :whew:
I don't what cert I'm gong after or how long it will take to complete this but I'm dedicated. :demonic:
A young nikka just wanna win...I'm tired of being jobless and broke. :to:

Evil genius Jay

The TSC PLAYAZ!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jersey
Well....I'm thinking about finally taking that leap and joining the IT brotherhood :jbhmm:

Just some of the success stories...Brothas making $60-70 an hour sittin in they draws, playing PS4. Thats a black man's dream:wow:
I've always been into computers and most of the time when I'm not out...I'm on my laptop:yeshrug:
Its just that some of the info....can be kinda overwhelming/confusing for a novice/beginner like myself :lupe: :damn:

So, I'm gonna take the opportunity and try to learn CompTia A+. :whew:
I don't what cert I'm gong after or how long it will take to complete this but I'm dedicated. :demonic:
A young nikka just wanna win...I'm tired of being jobless and broke. :to:
Welcome to IT Family!!!!!:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
2-3 years of experience with hadoop or 2-3 years of professional dev in general?

First off you need to know Java because Hadoop is written in java

Second, depending on the company...they use HIVE as the high level language for HADOOP, so if you dont know how to write SQL queries...forget about it

semtex

:)
Daps
First off you need to know Java because Hadoop is written in java

Second, depending on the company...they use HIVE as the high level language for HADOOP, so if you dont know how to write SQL queries...forget about it
Yeah I know all that shyt. :jawalrus:

Just dont have pro experience as a Java dev

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Brehs whats a good sign a phone interview went well?

I just had one and I honestly couldn't read dude at all. Every question I answered he was like "Oh wow that makes perfect sense" :gladbron:

Im thinking he was sitting on the other line looking like :troll:

Wish me luck :mjcry: