IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I always see tableau on BI jobs, I plan on taking a BI class as an elective to get hip
Cool! I've always wondered what a class on BI would teach. If you take it, postsome topics. I'd like to see how close it is to my experience.

Also, I really hope they have it with some technical people and some business people in there.

semtex

:)
Daps
need to start back studying data structures/algorithms in an academic sense :heh:

they be reachin at them technical interviews, and I plan on looking for a new job if I don't get the raise i'm askin for.

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
Everytime I think of IT, I can't help but think of that pawg chasing, cuckold faq Chris B

GOAT exposal ever!

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
need to start back studying data structures/algorithms in an academic sense :heh:

they be reachin at them technical interviews, and I plan on looking for a new job if I don't get the raise i'm askin for.

Also, learn a language that you can deploy apps with fairly easily and make a blog. Being a 'presence' in a community makes it way easier to get jobs because you'll actually have people looking for you if you're out here making stuff people know about. C# is a great language, but it's not all that easy to find hosts to deploy C# apps. Ruby with Ruby on Rails and Javascript with Node.js are two great options.

semtex

:)
Daps
Also, learn a language that you can deploy apps with fairly easily and make a blog. Being a 'presence' in a community makes it way easier to get jobs because you'll actually have people looking for you if you're out here making stuff people know about. C# is a great language, but it's not all that easy to find hosts to deploy C# apps. Ruby with Ruby on Rails and Javascript with Node.js are two great options.
Yeah I do c# and javascript professionally

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Only the finest leathers :wow:

Need to ramp up my studying I been bullshyttin this past week:scust:

Compiling a list of parts for my lab, my laptop is strugging :francis:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Brehs... how long would it take to learn basic active directory for lvl 1/2 help desk.. minor stuff like resetting passwords, adding users/computers etc. Was looking at a few videos and it doesn't seem that difficult.. Could I learn enough in 2 weeks to get through an interview :ohhh:

I had to pass up like 3 different jobs because of lack of AD experience.. a hiring manager just called me a few mins ago[on a holiday weekend] and told me my resume looks good for this lvl 2 helpdesk, but he wanted to know if I had any experience with AD.. I told him no :snoop:

I don't wanna take my foot off the throttle on my ccnp studies, but if I can lab my way to some AD experience in a few weeks I'd definitely do that then get back to ccnp.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
FINALLY after THREE YEARS. CCIE!! I did it brehs!!!!!!! :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: Im ballin right now. don't stop the hustle brehs :mjcry:

280ih5d.png

Dope shyt! Nothing but respect. I'm about to join you.