IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Just got an email saying I got approved for my own business. Legal zoom bout to send me these documents. Bout to in game development heavy :shaq:.

I just hope people wanna play my games:sadcam: #supportastarvingdeveloper #keepingmymain #butgotaside lol
You a game developer breh? Post some links up :feedme:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You a game developer breh? Post some links up :feedme:
lol, I'm kind of a game developer. I have no portfolio yet though. What type of links you looking for?

BTW if you wanna get started, start messing around with free game engines (unity3d or unreal (i think unreal is free))

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
lol, I'm kind of a game developer. I have no portfolio yet though. What type of links you looking for?

BTW if you wanna get started, start messing around with free game engines (unity3d or unreal (i think unreal is free))
What projects are you working on breh?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What projects are you working on breh?
I currently have a football game that i'm pretty close to completing. Im having an artist help me with the art and interface while I try to clean up the code a bit. Its gonna come out for Android first, then Apple. Its gonna be really simple, but hopefully enough people play it so I can be motivated to develop a follow up to the game.

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
I currently have a football game that i'm pretty close to completing. Im having an artist help me with the art and interface while I try to clean up the code a bit. Its gonna come out for Android first, then Apple. Its gonna be really simple, but hopefully enough people play it so I can be motivated to develop a follow up to the game.
Sounds interesting breh. How long you been working on it for? What programming language are using?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Sounds interesting breh. How long you been working on it for? What programming language are using?
So Im'm using Unity3d as my game engine, the programming portion is in C#, but i think it will allow you to use a couple other languages.Once you build and compile, I think it creates the correct type of file depending on the target device. Since I'm doing it for Android, it generates an apk file. Also, it allows you to directly run it on your android device using developer mode on ur android phone

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
So Im'm using Unity3d as my game engine, the programming portion is in C#, but i think it will allow you to use a couple other languages.Once you build and compile, I think it creates the correct type of file depending on the target device. Since I'm doing it for Android, it generates an apk file. Also, it allows you to directly run it on your android device using developer mode on ur android phone
Make sure you give the Coli fam the exclusive when its ready :ufdup:

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Slow down breh :whoa:

First decide where you wanna be. If you wanna do networking focus on the ccnp. If you wanna do Windows shyt get your mcse. If you wanna so security get the cissp.

Security has a lot of overlap so you can do Cisco and windows security on the same project.

Just make sure you specialize. Don't be a jack of all trades. If you enjoy the Cisco side, then keep pushing until you get your CCIE. Cause once you're there your 6 figures for the rest of your life.

Ever since I got my cissp I've been 100k+ ever since.

It seems like going the cisco route is the better way to go than Microsoft. I have my MCSA 2012 cert since last October but i havent got any looks yet for a system administrator gig. I was thinking would getting a CCNA get me more looks? Im just trying to get out of helpdesk breh:mjcry:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems like going the cisco route is the better way to go than Microsoft. I have my MCSA 2012 cert since last October but i havent got any looks yet for a system administrator gig. I was thinking would getting a CCNA get me more looks? Im just trying to get out of helpdesk breh:mjcry:
I just accepted a job as a SQL Systems Administrator :banderas: Hang in there breh:francis: stay focused and continue to sharpen your skills and knowledge. I cant stress this enough. Ive been at the helpdesk since 2010. I've tried to get as much expierence as I could from on the job, but u know how folks are when it comes to sharing knowledge and allowing lower positions to get hands on expierence with equipment:mjpls:. Ive spent the last few years watching CBTNugget videos and padding that resume with stuff that Ive picked up from the videos.

I've been on the job hunt all summer for System Admin jobs, had some leads and wasnt a good fit for some. Truth be told, making that jump to System Admin requires a wide net of knowledge and expeirence. You need to be well versed in: Exchange, Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, HyperVisors, Network SAN, server grade hardware and even networking/switching for some roles. But if youre looking to be a network admin/network engineer, all you need to know is switching/routing. If you dont mind praticing in IOS, becoming a network guy is the quickest escape from the helpdesk. :whew:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Having the cert alone won't get you out of help desk breh. You gotta also make sure your resume is on point to accurately reflect your knowledge.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having the cert alone won't get you out of help desk breh. You gotta also make sure your resume is on point to accurately reflect your knowledge.
That too, not gonna lie I got humbled a few times during my job search:mjcry:. You need to be able to provide theoretical and real world examples for anything listed otherwise them wolves gon eat:ufdup:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just accepted a job as a SQL Systems Administrator :banderas: Hang in there breh:francis: stay focused and continue to sharpen your skills and knowledge. I cant stress this enough. Ive been at the helpdesk since 2010. I've tried to get as much expierence as I could from on the job, but u know how folks are when it comes to sharing knowledge and allowing lower positions to get hands on expierence with equipment:mjpls:. Ive spent the last few years watching CBTNugget videos and padding that resume with stuff that Ive picked up from the videos.

I've been on the job hunt all summer for System Admin jobs, had some leads and wasnt a good fit for some. Truth be told, making that jump to System Admin requires a wide net of knowledge and expeirence. You need to be well versed in: Exchange, Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, HyperVisors, Network SAN, server grade hardware and even networking/switching for some roles. But if youre looking to be a network admin/network engineer, all you need to know is switching/routing. If you dont mind praticing in IOS, becoming a network guy is the quickest escape from the helpdesk. :whew:

It's wild man, you get a job and think those yrs of experience will get you the next job not knowing that in your current job you still need to learn stuff that is being used in the industry in general and not just your current gig.