IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I looked at it last night

You better than me, I aint been on that bytch in years :whew:

But basically if you got 5 years experience you can get it. They have everything covered. They should have a support email address on the site. Email them any questions to get it straight from them so you know you're in the clear.

Also once you get it you're pretty much 6 figures for life. I've convinced 3 of my boys to get there's and they all hit 6 figures on their next gig.

Still trying to get @WhartoX to stop being lazy and get his :ufdup:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You better than me, I aint been on that bytch in years :whew:

But basically if you got 5 years experience you can get it. They have everything covered. They should have a support email address on the site. Email them any questions to get it straight from them so you know you're in the clear.

Also once you get it you're pretty much 6 figures for life. I've convinced 3 of my boys to get there's and they all hit 6 figures on their next gig.

Still trying to get @WhartoX to stop being lazy and get his :ufdup:
How long it took you to study for it?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What are you guys thoughts on listing coursework on a resume, or would it look "cleaner" to just mention the software/technical skills gained/focused on in the class?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Got Damn :whew:

Im tryna knock out this Sec+ in about 4 or 5 days

Sec+ is worthless if you have your CISSP. If you know security is what you wanna do, cop the Shon Harris book and forget about the Sec+. It's about 80% the same material so you won't have to worry about starting over from scratch.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Sec+ is worthless if you have your CISSP. If you know security is what you wanna do, cop the Shon Harris book and forget about the Sec+. It's about 80% the same material so you won't have to worry about starting over from scratch.
Yeah compared to the CISSP it is but its quick & easy to knock out

Gonna give me better leverage in my upcoming job search

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah compared to the CISSP it is but its quick & easy to knock out

Gonna give me better leverage in my upcoming job search

Breh, that's my point. The CISSP is just as easy as the Security+. After I got my CISSP my coworker wanted to go for hers but she said she'd do the Sec+ first since she thought it would be easier. I looked through the back and it's damn near the exact same information.

Look through the TOC on the Shon Harris CISSP book and compare it to your security+ book. You might be shocked.