IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I dont live in the US so i cant really speak on the issue but i doubt that's happening breh. Do you have any degree or prior experience in It? If not you are going to have to start at the bottom which is at helpdesk where you are going to have to stay for a bout a year unless you have connections.

Old degree, I'm gonna have to start probably help desk but prefer desktop support which h I don't mind.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old degree, I'm gonna have to start probably help desk but prefer desktop support which h I don't mind.
good thing about having an degree is that it allows you to break certain barriers and allows you to speed up shyt in general. Helpdesk it not that bad not for the company i worked for at least, before working i already knew about IT but i gained alot of knowledge in servers, network, active directory and other shyt i knew nothing little about before. if i was you i'd apply for a helpdesk job gain some experience get a cert or two and jump ship after a year or so

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
good thing about having an degree is that it allows you to break certain barriers and allows you to speed up shyt in general. Helpdesk it not that bad not for the company i worked for at least, before working i already knew about IT but i gained alot of knowledge in servers, network, active directory and other shyt i knew nothing little about before. if i was you i'd apply for a helpdesk job gain some experience get a cert or two and jump ship after a year or so

I'm sign up for that ccna course at my local cc just to get back in a classroom setting and to see if I csn still learn.

I prefer a job which I don't have to speak much but I'm take thst. Course don't start till end of august so I'm going to try to get my Web Development skills up in the meantime and maybe knock out the ccent or n plus.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Anyone use their Mac for programming Java? I know windows has more resources when it comes to tutorials and such. Wondering if i should throw windows on my mac via boot camp or virtual machine or even just buying a cheap windows computer to avoid hassles