IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
So many Senior and Principal level devs ain't shyt. How u getting paid $60-$80 per hour and won't do shyt? On my last team I was tackling stuff that they either didn't know how to do or didn't want to. One of them got fired a few weeks ago :heh:
at that level it's not just about coding... there is so much more expected out of you than that... it's really a small % i would say less than 30

semtex

:)
Daps
at that level it's not just about coding... there is so much more expected out of you than that... it's really a small % i would say less than 30
Well yeah especially for principals. That's a leadership position, so you shouldn't be doing grunt work. BUT you should at least be of some use if a junior or base level dev needs assistance with some legacy stuff. I had to go to a damn architect to get help :aiscrust:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Dudes really can't read lol I specifically said only companies hiring people with no experience are for development programs, then dudes proceed to talk about development programs.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I have to agree with this. We were recruiting big time for college kids, but it was only for developers. I personally have never heard of companies going to colleges looking for networking admins etc. I'm sure it may happen, but most of the time its for engineers/programmers.

Last edited:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I have a question.
I'm a older person trying to find a new career that pays at least 40k to start, I was thinking of taking this course...

http://www.mdc.edu/main/cisco/

Or I was thinking of becoming a monitor tech at a hospital. I know I need to leave Florida. I need something quick that will guarentee me a job in another city/state. Quick training under 1 year, something. I need to leave this state fast.

I'm over 35. Someone please help me out.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a question.
I'm a older person trying to find a new career that pays at least 40k to start, I was thinking of taking this course...

http://www.mdc.edu/main/cisco/

Or I was thinking of becoming a monitor tech at a hospital. I know I need to leave Florida. I need something quick that will guarentee me a job in another city/state. Quick training under 1 year, something. I need to leave this state fast.

I'm over 35. Someone please help me out.

I dont live in the US so i cant really speak on the issue but i doubt that's happening breh. Do you have any degree or prior experience in It? If not you are going to have to start at the bottom which is at helpdesk where you are going to have to stay for a bout a year unless you have connections.