IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm taking about Computer Information Systems not Computer science. You're guaranteed to get a job if you do well in the school's program
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

NOBODY is giving cats with ANY Computer /IT related experience a job with NO EXPERIENCE and ONLY a degree, UNLESS it is some type of development program. Most "entry" level positions want 2+ yrs experience, this is why getting internships are vital.

Especially when the economy was at its worse you had experienced people taking pay cuts just because they needed income and taking entry level jobs on top of companies who instead of hiring new people just use contractors when they need resources for big projects.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

NOBODY is giving cats with ANY Computer /IT related experience a job with NO EXPERIENCE and ONLY a degree, UNLESS it is some type of development program. Most "entry" level positions want 2+ yrs experience, this is why getting internships are vital.

Especially when the economy was at its worse you had experienced people taking pay cuts just because they needed income and taking entry level jobs on top of companies who instead of hiring new people just use contractors when they need resources for big projects.

The school had an IT program that was of the top 10 in the country. I know plenty of kids getting jobs with no experience, I don't care what you say.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
The school was top 10 IT program in the country. Kids are getting jobs with no experience I don't care what you say.
very true... at my company we have specific programs to hire the best and brightest right out of college into major technical customer facing roles

kids fresh out of school are much cheaper than seasoned vets

this wasn't happening 3 years ago

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
very true... at my company we have specific programs to hire the best and brightest right out of college into major technical customer facing roles

kids fresh out of school are much cheaper than seasoned vets

this wasn't happening 3 years ago

Big companies like Deloitte come on campus to recruit :mjlol: and he's trying to say they want experience :comeon:

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
Big companies like Deloitte come on campus to recruit :mjlol: and he's trying to say they want experience :comeon:
all companies recruit colleges... but most customer facing ones need a balance of both... you can't have an entire company of fresh faced kids

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dudes really can't read lol I specifically said only companies hiring people with no experience are for development programs, then dudes proceed to talk about development programs.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
Dudes really can't read lol I specifically said only companies hiring people with no experience are for development programs, then dudes proceed to talk about development programs.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
do you mean development programs as in coding? that's how i read it anyways

because we don't hire just that outta school by any stretch of the means...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The internal reporting application I helped work on went live yesterday. Im so used to projects being held up by red tape and corporate politics that I forgot how good it feels to actually get to implementation.

semtex

:)
Daps
So many Senior and Principal level devs ain't shyt. How u getting paid $60-$80 per hour and won't do shyt? On my last team I was tackling stuff that they either didn't know how to do or didn't want to. One of them got fired a few weeks ago :heh: