IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
The funny thing is you'll almost never use that kinda stuff in the real world. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to worry about COM ports or IRQ requests or the # of pins a VGA cable has. :heh:.
I knew that when I was taking it too breh. I'm aware that most of that shyt only exists as a means of attempting to keep brehs that are too dumb/lazy out of the game :mjpls:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
i put some decent time into it breh. there's a fair amnt of material, and the amount of little things like bus speeds and shyt will take some time.

definitely peep Professor Messer's videos on yt
Yeah, I know. I've peeped Pro Messers videos and even have the study guides. Not to mention, I also read Mike Myers Book and have notes on cards. I guess it's just me being nervous before the test actually happens.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Hey can someone tell me why this command (ping Sybexbook) doesnt work in Command Prompt?

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Last edited:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I'm mobile right now, but I can upload Mike Myers Book in pdf for anyone that wants it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Has anyone ever paid someone to test for them, I heard a few people say they did this? Is that shyt legit?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
what was typical day at helpdesk for you and did it pay good?

We all have to start somewhere. But that shyt was the worst:

- Management sometimes monitor your calls.
- 15 minute break, 10 minutes for personal time. Outside of lunch you better be on the phone.
- Home users and their VPN problems ( worst type of call )

shyt now I can joke with a co-worker about nothing for an 1/2hr. Good luck doing that at the help desk..

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

- 15 minute break, 10 minutes for personal time. Outside of lunch you better be on the phone.

shyt now I can joke with a co-worker about nothing for an 1/2hr. Good luck doing that at the help desk..
vpn problems worst :usure: those were easy as fukk either it's client related or it's account related. The worst was when they was connected to vpn and you couldn't connect or solve the issue so they had to go to an office to use it's network and they were 6 hours away from an office:camby:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-

a couple of folks said in here that they enjoyed doing helpdesk but yeah i see what you're saying i'm in school for a PC techinical support certification so i want a little insight into the field

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
a couple of folks said in here that they enjoyed doing helpdesk but yeah i see what you're saying i'm in school for a PC techinical support certification so i want a little insight into the field

As someone who has worked 1st line support in my life, I can understand why some folk would like it. It's not really that hard, you don't have a lot of responsibility, you can always escalate a ticket if you can't figure out an issue. The problem is a lot of people if not motivated can get stuck at that point. I remember there were cats that worked 1st and 2nd level support for damn near 10 years. You really have to be self motivated and learn things in your off time if you wanna progress