IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok brehs, im thinking bout changing my career path up. Im pretty good with technology/smart etc.
Read about the first 15 pages and need some fresh thoughts.

Where do I need to start to get into it. The first couple pages mentioned java & web design. Is that still on point. I would prefer something without being a math wiz.

Cert vs Degree. Mainly looking for online courses. Alot of recent set backs keeping me from #blackexcellence

Would prob say programming is what im interested in.

@FreshFromATL @Silkk @semtex @kevm3
I see its alot of good books posted so far. Where should I start

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Ok brehs, im thinking bout changing my career path up. Im pretty good with technology/smart etc.

Where do I need to start to get into it. The first couple pages mentioned java & web design. Is that still on point. I would prefer something without being a math wiz.

Cert vs Degree. Mainly looking for online courses. Alot of recent set backs keeping me from #blackexcellence

I dont fukk with the books no more, check out video training deals on groupon

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wanted to thank you guys. This thread made me commit to going in on IT. I got my A+ cert a couple weeks ago because of the #certgang.

Now, I'm not sure what to put in my cover letter when I've got no IT experience. I do have a BS though.
Where and how did you start breh breh

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Did you go for certs or degree.
What field are you in?
Im starting to dig security more & more

I have my A+, I "have" my associates:mjpls:, a lot of experience, and willing to move for a job so im always good:ehh: especially in Houston

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

Do you have a degree?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im starting to dig security more & more

I have my A+, I "have" my associates:mjpls:, a lot of experience, and willing to move for a job so im always good:ehh: especially in Houston
What about chIcago breh, If I see anything I'll pass it on to you.

Might have to witness a few bodies here and there but :yeshrug:

semtex

:)
Daps

If you like Java and web design, then I'd say learn the Spring Framework. Lots of jobs there.