IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Can someone help me with a few questions;

1. Can you change your domain membership on your computer? If not, why?

2. Describe an alternate approach for mapping a network drive that takes few steps

:lupe:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
In regards to programming, the breakdown is for the web, you will definitely need to learn HTML/CSS, which technically aren't programming languages, but they are necessary. After you learn those two, then pick up Javascript, which will be needed for 'client-side' programming. Client-side programming is pretty much programming for the browser.

When you get more advanced, or you really start to get an idea of what you are wanting to do, you can pick up something like C# or Java for the ability to make desktop applications and server-side code. Server-side code is where you start interacting with databases and the such.

Pretty much everything is becoming interconnected now and have some elements of dealing with the web in some form or fashion, so you at least want to know HTML and CSS and dabble with Javascript.

If you want a general purpose language that is highly employable, Java is definitely a huge option. C# is nice as well, but Java typically has more jobs.

One thing you will need to find out is your preferred way of learning. Some people prefer videos. I much prefer to read books. If you're getting started with html, go to codecademy.com and work through their HTML/CSS track and then try out the Javascript one. After that, I can recommend books.

How's everything coming with you man?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone help me with a few questions;

1. Can you change your domain membership on your computer? If not, why?

The question isn't really clear. Can you join a computer to two domains? No. HOWEVER, if the domains have a trust between each other, you can log into another domain on the same computer.

2. Describe an alternate approach for mapping a network drive that takes few steps

:lupe:

Um... alternative from what? The GUI? I'm assuming you're talking about windows based OS, use the net use command.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
The question isn't really clear. Can you join a computer to two domains? No. HOWEVER, if the domains have a trust between each other, you can log into another domain on the same computer.

I don't get the question either but the question just before this one was 'What is the name of the network domain that your computer is a member of?' so I guess they're related some how.

Um... alternative from what? The GUI? I'm assuming you're talking about windows based OS, use the net use command.

The question used the GUI so I assume they meant to use the Command prompt, 'Net use command'? can you been more specific.

Do you mean

• To map a network drive:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type cmd.
    3. Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.
???

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The question used the GUI so I assume they meant to use the Command prompt, 'Net use command'? can you been more specific.

Do you mean

• To map a network drive:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type cmd.
    3. Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.
???

Yes that will map a drive as well. It prompts for credentials then will map the drive at the specified letter.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Yes that will map a drive as well. It prompts for credentials then will map the drive at the specified letter.

Thanks for replying I need help completing these last two questions:

1. What is the name of the network domain that your computer is a member of?
2. Can you change the domain membership on your computer? if not, why?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
How's everything coming with you man?

I've been doing a ton of studying in regards to programming. Over the next two months, I'm planning on putting a sort of portfolio project together . I've been exploring a bunch of different languages such as C++, Java, etc. Right now, I'm doing C#. Its interesting seeing what all the different languages bring to the table. What's been going on on your sidE?

Daps
Thanks for replying I need help completing these last two questions:

1. What is the name of the network domain that your computer is a member of?
2. Can you change the domain membership on your computer? if not, why?
Breh, i dont know the name of the network your computer is on. Cmon. Do some research. we aint doin your homework for you. :comeon:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Breh, i dont know the name of the network your computer is on. Cmon. Do some research. we aint doin your homework for you. :comeon:

I'm asking how do I find that information on the computer do I use the ipconfig/all command?

Last edited: