IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Evil genius Jay

The TSC PLAYAZ!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jersey
What was on the 801? The same questions on RAM, Networks, Printing etc?
some networks, couple question about laser printer, conpoment on a motherboard like cpu, cpu fan and RAM and P.C technician protocol... A lot questions about internet protocol like what port number is IMAP or SMTP or POP. Couple question about wireless protocol

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
some networks, couple question about laser printer, conpoment on a motherboard like cpu, cpu fan and RAM and P.C technician protocol... A lot questions about internet protocol like what port number is IMAP or SMTP or POP. Couple question about wireless protocol

What were the simulators like?

semtex

:)
Daps
I kinda misunderstood what APIs were until I worked on one this past week. My understanding now is that it's just a data repository with an interface layer (not a UI, just the data intended for exposure) for other data sources to access over HTTP.

I really hate that I didn't learn more web stuff in school. It is so damn important.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
brehs this python class has me brain farting hard on this assignment. i know how to do the rest, but i cant get past this first step

1. Use sys module to accept 2 command-line inputs to the script (as the script is invoked) and name them num1, num2.

help brehs :damn:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
brehs this python class has me brain farting hard on this assignment. i know how to do the rest, but i cant get past this first step

1. Use sys module to accept 2 command-line inputs to the script (as the script is invoked) and name them num1, num2.

help brehs :damn:

Kinda hard to gauge what you're trying to do without looking at the question but it sounds like they're asking you to import the sys module then get raw input from the user and assign it to those variables.

Something like:

import sys

num1 = raw_input("What do you want num1 to be?" )

num2 = raw_input("What do you want num2 to be?" )

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Kinda hard to gauge what you're trying to do without looking at the question but it sounds like they're asking you to import the sys module then get raw input from the user and assign it to those variables.

Something like:

import sys

num1 = raw_input("What do you want num1 to be?" )

num2 = raw_input("What do you want num2 to be?" )

that's actually what i figured, that it would be raw input, sorry shoulda elaborated more. thanks bruh

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
each one teach one breh :obama:

for sure man, btw here's the rest of the question incase that changes the first step. the rest of the if/else statement stuff is easy tho and i can do it, but i shoulda included it when i first asked for help

2. Use if/else statements to print "the numbers are EQUAL" when the variables are equal or "the numbers are NOT EQUAL" when the variables are not equal.
    3. Use an if-statement to print "the first number is LESS" when the first number is less than the second.
    4. Use another if-statement to print "the second number is LESS" when the second number is less than the first.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
for sure man, btw here's the rest of the question incase that changes the first step. the rest of the if/else statement stuff is easy tho and i can do it, but i shoulda included it when i first asked for help

2. Use if/else statements to print "the numbers are EQUAL" when the variables are equal or "the numbers are NOT EQUAL" when the variables are not equal.
    3. Use an if-statement to print "the first number is LESS" when the first number is less than the second.
    4. Use another if-statement to print "the second number is LESS" when the second number is less than the first.

import sys

num1 = raw_input("Enter num1")

num2 = raw_input("Enter num2")

if num1 == num2:
print("the numbers are EQUAL")

elif num1 < num2:
print("the first number is LESS")

elif num1 > num2:
print("the second number is LESS")

That should do what you need to do

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
import sys

if num1 == num2:

elif num1 < num2:

elif num1 > num2:
print("the second number is LESS")

That should do what you need to do

breh you really helped a brotha out before this test tomorrow :wow:. thanks for real

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
breh you really helped a brotha out before this test tomorrow :wow:. thanks for real

Just trying to pay it forward breh. I threw this into the IDE at home, my last post will work for your question except if for some reason you have to use Python 3, then just turn all the raw_inputs to inputs and you're good

Good luck out there:salute:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
import sys

if num1 == num2:

elif num1 < num2:

elif num1 > num2: