IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recently I acquired a server good enough to simultaneously deploy Exchange 2013 Server and SharePoint in separate VMs. They are both installed on 2012R2 VMs. Any ideas for stress testing and other labs to perform on these servers for experience?
What brand of hypervisor are you using? Ive read that the testlimit utility w/powershell works well for what u want to accomplish

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
Recently I acquired a server good enough to simultaneously deploy Exchange 2013 Server and SharePoint in separate VMs. They are both installed on 2012R2 VMs. Any ideas for stress testing and other labs to perform on these servers for experience?

I think the best way to go about this is configuring sharepoint search crawler to crawl faster than normal by tweaking the schedule. I don't forsee Exchange being a big issue other than not setting a rule inbox for caping the limits on email attachments.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
I'm living the life of a help desk technician, yall :banderas: No hard labor and Im having fun too. :banderas: Studying for the window server cert so that I can continue to climb up :lawd:

hell yeah bro, I was help desk many years ago - that shyt was fun as fukk. I even came on the weekends to work lol. I worked at city hall, so no one was there, perfect time to get shyt done. Funny thing tho, I didn't get paid for that work tho - did'nt care becuase I loved doing it. My boss was cool as shyt, if I was sick, no problem, if I need a week off, no problem - still got paid and it was hourly not salary. I miss that place.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
hell yeah bro, I was help desk many years ago - that shyt was fun as fukk. I even came on the weekends to work lol. I worked at city hall, so no one was there, perfect time to get shyt done. Funny thing tho, I didn't get paid for that work tho - did'nt care becuase I loved doing it. My boss was cool as shyt, if I was sick, no problem, if I need a week off, no problem - still got paid and it was hourly not salary. I miss that place.
I hear ya. My working environment is so lay back. During my down time, when I don't have any tickets, I just wondering around the work site and congregate with some cool people at work or practice web page development. Bless my new job. I even have the weekend off, breh.. :blessed:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm living the life of a help desk technician, yall :banderas: No hard labor and Im having fun too. :banderas: Studying for the window server cert so that I can continue to climb up :lawd:
I wish mine was like that. Usually pretty damn busy, and when it's not, you have to worry about filling up your time sheets..I'm probably about to burn in a couple months. Makes me miss the days at my last job where I was able to do school work while on the clock some days

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish mine was like that. Usually pretty damn busy, and when it's not, you have to worry about filling up your time sheets..I'm probably about to burn in a couple months. Makes me miss the days at my last job where I was able to do school work while on the clock some days
Thats one of the perks at my current helpdesk job. I spend most of the day watching cbtnuggets and browsing the coli. Still trying to acquire the skills and knowledge to get a more elevated role somewhere