IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congradulations, man what I've began understanding and learning is that you never truly cease your education in relation to IT. since things change so quickly in IT, it's like you're always trying to teach yourself new skills to stay relevant and a want to employers.
yeah deffo long run> short run will still be working in IT just getting better paid and better jobs

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
How many breh's or brehette's is into Data Storage Networking? I think I'm going to go for Storage+ when I get some other certs under my belt.

Daps
How many breh's or brehette's is into Data Storage Networking? I think I'm going to go for Storage+ when I get some other certs under my belt.

Not a bad skill to pick up. Storage is big right now. FYI they have sims for many of the popular NAS out there like NetApp, VNX and Isilon for example.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About to start studying the storage + material. Prob won't attempt the cert exam just needing fundamental knowledge as I'm trying to get into the VMware vsphere industry and its HEAVY wit storage configs. Message me if u need cbtnuggeets vids

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
About to start studying the storage + material. Prob won't attempt the cert exam just needing fundamental knowledge as I'm trying to get into the VMware vsphere industry and its HEAVY wit storage configs. Message me if u need cbtnuggeets vids
Good looking out breh!

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
great to see this thread still active :salute:

currently studying for mcsa, some sql and looking for another job. i thought with my experience and knowledge i would be able to find something better quickly but a good job with a good company is hard as hell to come by in the bay :snoop:i'm sick of having to change up my personality for cacs in interviews only to hear the details and pay of the job and be disappointed:why:they would save ppl a lot of time and energy if they would just tell these things in the initial phone interview:pacspit:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
really..this sounds like "im learning something to help me up my money earning potential" talk to me breh

I've seen that video 10 time, I still don't know what the hell it said.

ADD is the devil :to:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
What's more in demand. Coding or networking?
without any researching, I'd say both.

You will ALWAYS need people to set up, maintain and run networks. without networks, there would be no networking. lol Networking is very important and has innovation and changes on a regular. with that said, you will always need coders as well. so the better question is, which one do you like better?

Daps
This is my forte...im both a newbie coder and network admin...BUT you must choose one to specialize in...
I would disagree. dont specialize in either and flip it into a security career.

Also i dont think you have to specialize. sometimes having a broad range of knowledge is beneficial.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I would disagree. dont specialize in either and flip it into a security career.

Also i dont think you have to specialize. sometimes having a broad range of knowledge is beneficial.
Having a broad range of knowledge will most likely come with time. You still need that one thing that you know better than the others though
If you're a network admin. You must know python
Haven't gotten there yet. Why do you say this? Put me on game