IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

semtex

:)
Daps
I feel extremely unprepared technically for my new job. I have started studying for the 70-410 and hope to take it by the end of October. Also trying to learn Landesk automation and powershell right now. :manny:
It's normal to feel unprepared. I got my first dev job now and trying to jump in on an existing project and make shyt happen is not easy at all.

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
brehs this might be a stupid question but does it matter whether I take an exam under another exam administrator if I already have been taking them with another? for example I passed my MCSA 2012 70-410 exam with prometric but their testing centers are like an hour away from me and I just realized that pearson vue testing centers are only about 20 minutes away. just wanted to know whether it would matter if I passed the next exam (70-411) with pearson vue or that as long as I passed the exams it wont matter as long as there is proof that they were passed. sorry if I didn't explain it well smh

nvm, figured it out

Last edited:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Got my A+ scheduled for next Thursday. I've been doing very well on all of the practice exams I've been taking so Im feeling pretty confident.

Only thing that has me concerned is the performance based questions. Can anybody who has taken the test tell me what I should expect from these questions?
First part of the exam will be simulators on both 801 and 802. If you are going to take the 801, study the components of the motherboard. You are going to be ask to identified each components on a motherboard on a simulator. Study system requirements for home theater, virtualization, gaming.. Also, know your connectors, ip address, network protocols, and wireless settings. The 802 is tough. I failed the exam. I still can give you insight on the exam.The simulation will be base on troubleshooting theory, email set up, master boot record error, network troubleshooting and window operating system. Do not get stuck on the simulators. You will waste a lot of time of you place majority of your concentration on the simulators. On the regular questions you will need to know xp, window vista, and window 7 utilities , mobile device set up and printers.

Double J

Banned
Daps
First part of the exam will be simulators on both 801 and 802. If you are going to take the 801, study the components of the motherboard. You are going to be ask to identified each components on a motherboard on a simulator. Study system requirements for home theater, virtualization, gaming.. Also, know your connectors, ip address, network protocols, and wireless settings. The 802 is tough. I failed the exam. I still can give you insight on the exam.The simulation will be base on troubleshooting theory, email set up, master boot record error, network troubleshooting and window operating system. Do not get stuck on the simulators. You will waste a lot of time of you place majority of your concentration on the simulators. On the regular questions you will need to know xp, window vista, and window 7 utilities , mobile device set up and printers.

Sounds a bit tougher than I thought they would be :mjcry:

Looks like I'm gonna have to push back the tests a week or two :upsetfavre:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Sounds a bit tougher than I thought they would be :mjcry:

Looks like I'm gonna have to push back the tests a week or two :upsetfavre:
Don't push back the test. You can take the test one at a time. The 801 is easy, breh. I pass the exam with no problem. It's the 802 that's muthafukka.. I failed the test with a 675 score :mjcry:

Double J

Banned
Daps
Don't push back the test. You can take the test one at a time. The 801 is easy, breh. I pass the exam with no problem. It's the 802 that's muthafukka.. I failed the test with a 675 score :mjcry:

Don't push it back? I thought if you fail and you want to retake the test that you have to pay again.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Don't push it back? I thought if you fail and you want to retake the test that you have to pay again.
If you failed, you have to pay another 86.00. Get the 801 exam out of the way. It isn't difficult if you have been studying and passing the practice exam. You can take the 802 at another time.

Double J

Banned
Daps
At least you don't have to pay full price to retake it :whew:

But I had both tests scheduled for Thursday so I'll just reschedule the 802 to some time next week and still take 801 Thursday.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm in my second year of college for Comp-Science and it's stressful. Trying my best though. However, if it doesn't work out I'll just get the IT certifications and do other things.

flipn50

Pro
Daps
I got a job at AT&T as a chat support agent, it starts at 13.58 per hour so that's 28k per year. I don't think it's related to IT much but I'll study for the RHCE certificate in the meantime and step up my Linux skill.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I got a job at AT&T as a chat support agent, it starts at 13.58 per hour so that's 28k per year. I don't think it's related to IT much but I'll study for the RHCE certificate in the meantime and step up my Linux skill.
Congrats bro atleast you're starting somewhere.