IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1. i would be still working in IT just that london offers more
2. still don't know the pay but i assume it would much better since i would be hired directly by the company

Fair enough.

I'd say just interview for the job, you have nothing to lose by just going on an interview, if they offer you the job it's not like you're obligated to accept it. Might as well keep your options open.

IMO, best best is to just go ahead and set up an interview. If you happen to get a job offer then you can evaluate it and decide then if it's worth taking or not.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I been fukking SLACKING. Got my A+ back in march, got a good ass gig for now too. But i've pushed my network+ back way too many times :snoop:

I'm not gonna bother with my A+, going to straight to Network+.

I can't memorize crap, Network+ is easier to conceptualize over A+.

I took an Cicso Online Class (actually a recorded lectures)and understood the OSI and TCP/IP Models pretty easily.

The Company I work for has the Myers ebook and I'm gonna go ahead study for 1 month and take it. Comptia has a buy 2 Vouchers for $330 So I'm gonna buy that. Take it once if I fail I know what exactly I need to do and expect.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm not gonna bother with my A+, going to straight to Network+.

I can't memorize crap, Network+ is easier to conceptualize over A+.

I took an Cicso Online Class (actually a recorded lectures)and understood the OSI and TCP/IP Models pretty easily.

The Company I work for has the Myers ebook and I'm gonna go ahead study for 1 month and take it. Comptia has a buy 2 Vouchers for $330 So I'm gonna buy that. Take it once if I fail I know what exactly I need to do and expect.
Dope, i figured out my end game. Want to be a Wireless Engineer, so i'll be looking at my

Network+
Security+
CCNA
CCNA Wireless/CCIE Wireless

Hope to have it all by the end of next year

Double J

Banned
Daps
Got my A+ scheduled for next Thursday. I've been doing very well on all of the practice exams I've been taking so Im feeling pretty confident.

Only thing that has me concerned is the performance based questions. Can anybody who has taken the test tell me what I should expect from these questions?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I been procrastinating on my CCENT/CCNA for literally years now, time to buckle down and get this done. :hmm:

As soon as I get finished watching these funny Youtube videos of cats, beating this RPG, marathoning a couple shows and downloadnig pr0n imma get right on it. For real this time. :sadcam:

I got a couple more Youtube videos of insects fighting each other to watch right quick, and an episode of anime, but I swear I'm gonna start studying for my certs after that. :sadcam:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Got my A+ scheduled for next Thursday. I've been doing very well on all of the practice exams I've been taking so Im feeling pretty confident.

Only thing that has me concerned is the performance based questions. Can anybody who has taken the test tell me what I should expect from these questions?
Took mine in march, try to memorize the motherboard components(I didnt:russ:), the rest will be practical questions

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on another note had to decline my interview for the role i was talking about earlier. was basically a sales it role :camby:

@Eissek bring me in on your london connect breh

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
How long did you study for it? And what was the most challenging part on the test to you..
About a year.
I took the CCNA class in senior year of high school. I had all my credits and had free time so I used it for Networking/ IT classes

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
I feel extremely unprepared technically for my new job. I have started studying for the 70-410 and hope to take it by the end of October. Also trying to learn Landesk automation and powershell right now. :manny:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Can anyone help with this?

I'm trying to install Rails on Windows 7 and keep getting the error "DL is deprecated, please use Fiddle." How do I fix this? I've read some things where people say to comment it out, but how do I do that?