IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Question I had a phone screen with general dynamics about 3 weeks ago, they gave me an offer letter but it is contingent upon a 2nd interview with the client.. At this point I'm not sure how I should go about this, I really want to take this job but they are taking forever to do the second interview.
Should I wait it out or should I continue looking for something else? And what happens if I find something else and is scheduled to start then GD finally sets up the interview?

right after I posted this they set up the interview:stylin:

Breh, You live in the DMV theres a shytload of a Jobs here.

You'll find out that you have Co-Workers who can't do jack shyt

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
dumb ass nicca...go reset a password
'Ol off the street control panel delete program ass nicca

ArrayList<Breh> brehList= new ArrayList<Breh>();

brehList.addAll();

for (Breh brehs: brehList)
{

brehs.haveLowSelfEsteem();​

}

:umad:
Oh shyt..IT disses :gladbron:

On another note..i love coding. I find it to be a very enjoyable puzzle (most of the time). Currently doing an easy Java project for school..
Anybody else code on the regular and have some projects they would like to collaborate on? I don't know anybody else that codes...

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
My goal for next year
  • RedHat RHCE certified
  • Oracle Solaris certified
  • NetApp Implementation certified
  • Cisco CCNP certified
I'm already good on all 4 products and just gotta get it on paper. Let's make this happen!

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Has anyone here worked abroad ?

I am thinking of working in Dubai or Qatar, get that tax free money
:blessed:

I am told from other contractors that being from England companies in those areas pay you more, dunno if true. Its always a case of "oh my friend is doing that" or "oh my friend of a friend has done that" so most of time I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

My assumption is that they could prob hire someone from India and just pay them a lot less than they would for a Westerner, again I dont know.

I am in IT Infra, so lot of AD, Exchange type work, so I dont know if that is even in demand over there.

Done a few seacrhes on various IT Contracting forums, but most is quite old info.

Thanks in advance.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone here worked abroad ?

I am thinking of working in Dubai or Qatar, get that tax free money

I am told from other contractors that being from England companies in those areas pay you more, dunno if true. Its always a case of "oh my friend is doing that" or "oh my friend of a friend has done that" so most of time I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

My assumption is that they could prob hire someone from India and just pay them a lot less than they would for a Westerner, again I dont know.

I am in IT Infra, so lot of AD, Exchange type work, so I dont know if that is even in demand over there.

Done a few seacrhes on various IT Contracting forums, but most is quite old info.

Thanks in advance.
how's it jobs in london? might move there in a couple years currently eating where i am now

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
how's it jobs in london? might move there in a couple years currently eating where i am now

Alot of migration roles out here ATM, no idea why these companies leave it so late to move from XP to 7

Also I am seeing many VM roles come up, alot of companies wanting to move to VDI's etc, so that will be my next step to get some VMware certs

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of migration roles out here ATM, no idea why these companies leave it so late to move from XP to 7

Also I am seeing many VM roles come up, alot of companies wanting to move to VDI's etc, so that will be my next step to get some VMware certs
:myman: im not too far from england. yeah strange that companies are moving so late from xp to 7 but that shyts costs companies alot of money.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I hate when mofos go around talking about their Linux/Unix proficiency only to find out they only fukk with GUI and have no CLI skills :stopitslime:
I was called in ths morning to assist in the interview of a young breh. So me and my coworker start throwing questions at the cat and dude sitting there looking at us like a :hamster:
Virtual box in seamless mode
Best of both worlds

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I hate when mofos go around talking about their Linux/Unix proficiency only to find out they only fukk with GUI and have no CLI skills :stopitslime:
I was called in ths morning to assist in the interview of a young breh. So me and my coworker start throwing questions at the cat and dude sitting there looking at us like a :hamster:

:bryan: that brings back a memory..back in the summer of 2006 I applied for a position that mentioned unix as a skill that would be useful for the position but not required..i had rudimentary knowledge of it so I was like fukk it if its not required...went to the interview and dude after about 10 mins started throwing unix questions at me...I was :lupe: throughout the rest of the interview...needless to say I didn't get the job...it was also the first and last time I ever went to an interview and failed to show and prove my skills...lesson learned

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okay brehs anybody got some insight on the dfw area job market or hookups? For right now I'm just trying to find a help desk gig or something entry level until I can get my certs up. My first "official" IT job has been the gig im at that I've been working for the past yr and a half. I've put on my application but I've mainly had short term contract work without benefits. Any tips?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm finally starting to understand how Javascript's prototypical inheritance works. It took long enough...

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
For the brehs that have a computer science(or anything related) degree, where did you work during school?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
For the brehs that have a computer science(or anything related) degree, where did you work during school?

during undergrad I worked one of the campus labs as an asst. lab manager; during grad school I worked only during summers at an internship until my last semester where I got a help desk position working part time