IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A+, associates, and a lot of experience. Gonna be either help desk or desktop support
sry to crush your dream but help desk and dekstop support are the same shyt ill tell you that now. Dont let these fukk nikka recruiters try and glorify shyt if they contact you regarding a job tell them to email you what exactly the job entails.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
sry to crush your dream but help desk and dekstop support are the same shyt ill tell you that now. Dont let these fukk nikka recruiters try and glorify shyt if they contact you regarding a job tell them to email you what exactly the job entails.
Crush my dream? :childplease:

Not all jobs entitled Helpdesk or Desktop Support include the same duties

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Crush my dream? :childplease:

Not all jobs entitled Helpdesk or Desktop Support include the same duties

That is true...but they include the same pay...

I would read the description in the job and not the title...i once had a company straight up try to higher me as helpesk...making helpdesk pay.. but all the duties were sys admin stuff...

Duties looked like :

Install,configure, administer, Active Directory in a 2008 environment
Install, configure, administer, SQL 2008 (must know how to write strong queries)
Configure and administer Exchange 2010
Install, configure, administer cisco brocade switches...

I was like "this doesn't sound like help desk":childplease:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished learning about Exchange 2013 thinking of moving on to CCNA next. I dont think it'd hurt to have network engineering knowledge even tho Im planing on being a Systems Admin

All Star
Daps
Can somebody tell me how to remove a role/feature with the command prompt in Server Core? Every site I look at says use ServerManagerCmd*exe, but it always comes back as an unrecognized command.

ibqKXm3B7PUbsz.gif

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Naw man. Yeah you have to support stupid ass users in both positions, but nothing is worse than wearing that headset and the company tracking your every move.lol

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
That is true...but they include the same pay...

I would read the description in the job and not the title...i once had a company straight up try to higher me as helpesk...making helpdesk pay.. but all the duties were sys admin stuff...

Duties looked like :

Install,configure, administer, Active Directory in a 2008 environment
Install, configure, administer, SQL 2008 (must know how to write strong queries)
Configure and administer Exchange 2010
Install, configure, administer cisco brocade switches...

I was like "this doesn't sound like help desk":childplease:

Yeah I've seen shyt like this alot...Its usually at smaller companies tho..

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Brehs,

By September I'll have 18 Months "Helpdesk" experience. I do more than Helpdesk but thats my title.

I should have my A+ and Security+ Certs by than as well.

What should my next step be? I know these cats down here making 35-40/HR doing Application support.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I hate when mofos go around talking about their Linux/Unix proficiency only to find out they only fukk with GUI and have no CLI skills :stopitslime:
I was called in ths morning to assist in the interview of a young breh. So me and my coworker start throwing questions at the cat and dude sitting there looking at us like a :hamster:

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got a full time job!

I missed the phone call. So, when I called the number back I was like, "Did you call this number?" :birdman:

Then I realized it was the HR lady that originally interviewed me. Anyway, she offered me the job and emailed the offer.

It's less help desk and more inventory/asset management, but it pays more than I've ever made. It'll be good job and life experience.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Question I had a phone screen with general dynamics about 3 weeks ago, they gave me an offer letter but it is contingent upon a 2nd interview with the client.. At this point I'm not sure how I should go about this, I really want to take this job but they are taking forever to do the second interview.
Should I wait it out or should I continue looking for something else? And what happens if I find something else and is scheduled to start then GD finally sets up the interview?

right after I posted this they set up the interview:stylin:

Last edited: