IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If I don't have enough (any) experience for this job a recruiter emailed me about; should I call her up? I don't have enterprise hands-on experience installing and troubleshooting Windows. I've been reading about it though. :ld:

Hell fukking no. "I've been reading about it" is the absolute worst reason to go for a job.

Those books tell you how to do it the microsoft way, but you won't be doing it the microsoft way, you will be doing it the companies way, because they already have an infrastructure in place and they are NOT going to let you tear it down and rebuild it because "you read it in a book."

You really want to be in a situation where people are looking at you to fix something critical and you don't know what the fukk you are doing?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Anyone here has a netapp certification? I need help with a problem. THe fukkwads on the netapp.com forums are of no help to me

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I got a friend that works there :mjlol:
Their tier 1 support guys suck for the most part. I feel like i know more than most of them. These mofos seem to just look up articles of previously reported issues and regurgitate the words to you verbatim :dry:

Ask your boy if he can help me with a volume thats's getting out of control. We're using snapshots but we have deleted over 50G of data to make room yet the shyt never recuperates the space.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2 interviews in houston on wednesday, fingers crossed cause i know thats where i need to be.

Network + to be completed in the next week or so.

Don't know what to start next tho: Security+, or CCNA(likely)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Torrents are the only way to get CBT nugget videos?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
i'll make one up from memory

var a = { x:1,y:2,z:3};
var b = {x:2,y1:2,z1:3};

function combine(a,b) {
for(prop in a) {
b[prop] = a[prop] ;
}
return b;
}

console.log(a,b);

x
y
y1
z
z1

is the result, see how b's x property is gone?

Breh, lookup up breakpoints..not only are they useful for debugging, but also learning. This way you can follow the execution of the code and see where the values are being change by stepping into them.

Fujiman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 interviews in houston on wednesday, fingers crossed cause i know thats where i need to be.

Good luck.I would say Security+ then CCNA.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished a second video interview. It was like an hour long, but I feel good about my chances. I should hear back by next Tuesday at the latest.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Dont u just have A+? What work are u trying to get?