IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds easy enough except..... I have a problem with being even remotely close to an ass kisser and frankly I don't like conversing with white folks at the job :ld:...It's always awkward and for whatever reason said:
The higher up the Corporate ladder you go the less small talk you'll have to engage in. Then people will only want to talk about results and less about bullshyt.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Brehs

Better to master one language or to be good at a bunch of them?

Better to learn the underlying concepts of programming from each language. I've heard you can never master any particular language until you know a bunch of them, because other languages will give you other ways of looking at your original language. I feel it's probably best to have a 'bread and butter' language, which is the one you are very knowledgeable about, but you need to learn multiple languages. You don't want to be pigeon holed into one language, and then the work dries up for that language and you end up stuck. Great thing is that once you pick up one language, others are a lot easier to learn.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Vacation Over. Time To Get Back To Work

Network+ & HTML/CSS = May 8th

semtex

:)
Daps
How do I go about following up on job applications with big companies? :lupe: Or do I? Help a n00b out