IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
sweet jeebus I understand this code:wow:

yeah I just figured out the whole everything is an object from this book i'm reading

to anyone doing sites like codecademy read a book on what you just learned, there's so much more to it then what you learn there.

They didn't tell me that I could create a variable in a functions,Date(), different Math methods, etc. :upsetfavre:

Exactly, I'm definitely appreciative of codecademy because it will teach you a lot of the basics and get you on your feet, but there definitely is a lot more to understand. They don't even get into the DOM model and how javascript interacts with it, but I'm sure it'll come in time.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Breh can you give me a breakdown on what was on the 801 & 802

Most of the questions are ones that i saw here:

http://www.practicequiz.com/CompTIA-220-801-Certification-Practice-Test

http://www.examcompass.com/comptia/a-plus-certification/free-a-plus-practice-tests

The 802 had a few parts where you had to make changes on the interface.

Match motherboard components to the correct name
Configure a static IP address
Choose the correct features in Windows XP, Vista, 7, or all 3

I fukked up on one part it said if computer A&B are connected on a network and computer A changes its IP address, computer b is no longer connecting how would you fix it. Had to do it from the command line

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Finally buckled down and decided to start some training by signing up to CodeCademy, CodeAvengers and the Harvard CS50X Certificate program.

Started with Python randomly on CodeCademy (just to get feel) but felt like I was completing stuff without really understanding why "x does y." Decided to stop and went JavaScript instead via CodeAvengers. Doing well so far and understanding what I'm actually coding and what each little change does. Currently halfway through level one. The math portion was a nice reminder on why I hate it, lol. Anywho, looking to tackle JS first and get a firm grasp on it. Will go after Python, SQL and CSS/HTML5 afterwards.

Managing a Law Firm for the last 5 years and seeing the available market for Legal IT, really want to get this done sooner than later as they compliment each other very well.

Ideally I would like to get into app development at some point, so hoping these courses in JS will help me get my feet wet so that I can take a real stab at creating something.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I see they've updated the network+ book to this one
#_

i currently have this one and also a groupon training vid. Should i get the new book or nah?
#_

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I see they've updated the network+ book to this one
#_

i currently have this one and also a groupon training vid. Should i get the new book or nah?
#_
what path do you plan on taking with IT breh? just curious

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Anybody here in medical coding? I was just talking to a brother that's been a comp engineer for 20+ years. He's sick of it all now though... I mean duke literally HATES the game on some :scusthov: :pacspit: I was asking him for advice though and he was telling me that people aren't really doing javascript, java, python and all that because it's starting to be done automatically. Any truth to that? He also suggested I look in to some company or system called Epic? He said if you get into that, you could damn near work anywhere in the world :ohhh: anyone familiar with them? Any truth to that?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
035d575e-b46e-11e3-baa1-123139077938-original.png