IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Anybody here in medical coding? I was just talking to a brother that's been a comp engineer for 20+ years. He's sick of it all now though... I mean duke literally HATES the game on some :scusthov: :pacspit: I was asking him for advice though and he was telling me that people aren't really doing javascript, java, python and all that because it's starting to be done automatically. Any truth to that? He also suggested I look in to some company or system called Epic? He said if you get into that, you could damn near work anywhere in the world :ohhh: anyone familiar with them? Any truth to that?
Epic is about to be the new wave in the medical field breh...My cousins husband has been conducting training on this system for the last 2-3 years, traveling from hospital to hospital...

At that time he was making $110 an hour...

He just got promoted two weeks ago with a hefty pay increase...:wow: :lawd:

Yeah, if you can learn Epic, you gon feast outchea

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Epic is about to be the new wave in the medical field breh...My cousins husband has been conducting training on this system for the last 2-3 years, traveling from hospital to hospital...

Where would you learn this?

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Sooo I finally landed an IT related gig for Charter communications breh :blessed:

Rep I Internet/Phone repair...

My goal is to start that climb on up the ladder and get off them phones as quickly as possible and the company has several growth opportunities. As long as I kick ass daily and quick my knowledge up, I'm good money.

Sounds easy enough except.....

I have a problem with being even remotely close to an ass kisser and frankly I don't like conversing with white folks at the job :ld:...It's always awkward and for whatever reason, they hate to look me in my eyes when speaking. I'm a results guy so the small talk n shyt is pretty corny especially if it isn't work related.

Have any of you guys had this sort of borderline anxiety/disdain and how did you overcome it???

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Great question...The last time I was able to catch up with him about it, he sent me a PP presentation about it but it was training material for the users...

I've searched the web but I haven't come across anything of significance on the support/development side of things yet

Edit: Google 'Epic Application Certification'

I may have to holla back at my folks about this...See if he can guide the course on this :obama:

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Great question...The last time I was able to catch up with him about it, he sent me a PP presentation about it but it was training material for the users...

I've searched the web but I haven't come across anything of significance on the support/development side of things yet

Edit: Google 'Epic Application Certification'

I may have to holla back at my folks about this...See if he can guide the course on this :obama:

It's looking pretty exclusive breh :wow: as far as I can tell, you need to already be in the healthcare industry or working for Epic. I'm neither :sadcam:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps

Is that the company where you have to stay in Wisconsin? When I was in the Job Market they contacted me about a year ago ... I read up and didn't like the horror stories.

https://careers.epic.com

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Is that the company where you have to stay in Wisconsin? When I was in the Job Market they contacted me about a year ago ... I read up and didn't like the horror stories.

https://careers.epic.com
While reviewing this thread and doing a Google search, I did see mention of rigourous instruction in WI while trying to obtain the cert...I'm not sure if the fan had to endure the same thing but I'll ask him about it..

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody here in medical coding? I was just talking to a brother that's been a comp engineer for 20+ years. He's sick of it all now though... I mean duke literally HATES the game on some :scusthov: :pacspit: I was asking him for advice though and he was telling me that people aren't really doing javascript, java, python and all that because it's starting to be done automatically. Any truth to that? He also suggested I look in to some company or system called Epic? He said if you get into that, you could damn near work anywhere in the world :ohhh: anyone familiar with them? Any truth to that?

My baby moms is Epic certified, she's an ambulatory analyst. She basically creates the dbs that are the backend for EMRs.

She makes $135k here in NYC and can really get a job wherever she wants. Epic HQ is in Wisconsin, she had to go to training there a few times. It's actually :leon:, I'm not used to shyt like that.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to study for my CCNA. Started about 2 years ago, but was not focused. Gonna buckle down and do it. Just wanted to know if I need the latest edition books, or can I use the one from 2 years ago?

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I'm going to study for my CCNA. Started about 2 years ago, but was not focused. Gonna buckle down and do it. Just wanted to know if I need the latest edition books, or can I use the one from 2 years ago?

You need the latest, friend. Cisco retired the old test last September. The new CCENT book (ICND1 100-101) is a good deal thicker too.

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

The only way to get Epic certified is to go to Wisconsin and take the Epic courses at their HQ. My BM said your best bet would be to call a recruiter who deals with Epic ambulatory and find out if they have any companies willing to certify because most want to hire certified analysts. She said go on Bullhorn Reach and look up epic analyst *yourcityhere*. She started out making 80K as a L1 analyst(again this is in NYC so YMMV), but after getting an implementation under her belt she got bumped to 115K, then to her current.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The only way to get Epic certified is to go to Wisconsin and take the Epic courses at their HQ. My BM said your best bet would be to call a recruiter who deals with Epic ambulatory and find out if they have any companies willing to certify because most want to hire certified analysts. She said go on Bullhorn Reach and look up epic analyst *yourcityhere*. She started out making 80K as a L1 analyst(again this is in NYC so YMMV), but after getting an implementation under her belt she got bumped to 115K, then to her current.
:leon:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Sooo I finally landed an IT related gig for Charter communications breh :blessed:

Rep I Internet/Phone repair...

My goal is to start that climb on up the ladder and get off them phones as quickly as possible and the company has several growth opportunities. As long as I kick ass daily and quick my knowledge up, I'm good money.

Sounds easy enough except.....

I have a problem with being even remotely close to an ass kisser and frankly I don't like conversing with white folks at the job :ld:...It's always awkward and for whatever reason, they hate to look me in my eyes when speaking. I'm a results guy so the small talk n shyt is pretty corny especially if it isn't work related.
Have any of you guys had this sort of borderline anxiety/disdain and how did you overcome it???
Keep learning and advancing yourself...it will bring security.

The more knowledge you have the more comfortable you are.

Remember don't ever get comfortable.
They same company that hired today, can fire you tomorrow