IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question for all my black brehs: How many brothers do you work with? And whats the atmosphere like for brothers in the biz?

Before my current job I was almost always the only black guy in the IT Department. The atmosphere 90% of the time is going to depend on the type of IT Manager running the place. If you have a clueless moron running the IT Department expect a three ring circus type of atmosphere with a high employee turnover rate.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Wondering if there's anyone more computer savvy than myself who can help. Tried searching around and have come up with nothing...

On certain sites, my college's course registration page for example, I'm unable to load the page because
you must use a browser that supports and has JavaScript enabled.

Ive tried the same pages on IE, Chrome, and Opera to the same result.

On all three browsers I made sure Java was updated, and that it was enabled in the options....still nothing.

any ideas? appreciate it.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I must have the world worst luck brehs :to: ill try and make this as short as possible.

Basically i live in Europe and i speak both English and another small European language perfectly, I've always been good with computers ect built my computer when i had just turned 15 years old. Anyway i graduated highschool last year in june and was never really into college seems like a waste of time and money for me personally. So back in 2012 i started doing research and looking for jobs so that i could get into the IT industry long story short i found out that Dublin is now the sort of silicone valley of europe because alot of IT companies ibm hp ect have moved there because they pay no tax. Anyhow found out that there are helpdesk positions at these companies but the jobs were in Europeans languages only so helpdesk jobs in Spanish french ect and for my language. i thought i was :win: when i found this information because on another forum some other people were moving to Dublin for these jobs and other IT language jobs too. I thought this was going to be my entrance to the IT industry fast forward after my graduation in june last year i had to some bullshyt to take care of so my move to dublin put to the side in October i applied for a helpdesk position at ibm, went through tests, interview process ect and everything was successful. The recruiter told me that he was waiting on ibm for more information regarding starting date ect about a month went by from when he sent me the email telling me i was successful to me sending him a email asking him what's up ect, the idiot didn't even reply:wtf:. I was like fukk them nikkas :pacspit: like i said before many other IT companies are in dublin so i applied for other jobs got no calls ect was a bit upset for a while cause i really want to do this shi.t last week Tuesday i got another phonecall from a recruiter in glasgow asking me if im interested in helpdesk position for IBM and i told him yes. I was supposed to have my interview this monday but i never got the call and the bytch nikka recuiter haven't even replied to my email i sent him later on monday asking him about it:stopitslime:. This is the second time i've been fukked over by a recuiter not sure what im going to do now im broke as fukk might end up just applying to college and getting some bullshyt degree :sadcam:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I hope all y'all dudes/chicks that came in here and soaked-up knowledge is sharing this knowledge with other young dudes/chicks that have an interest of getting into the industry but might not know where to start. Don't be a fukk-boy/girl and with-hold knowledge knowing damn well other cats have given you game....

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wondering if there's anyone more computer savvy than myself who can help. Tried searching around and have come up with nothing...

On certain sites, my college's course registration page for example, I'm unable to load the page because

Ive tried the same pages on IE, Chrome, and Opera to the same result.

On all three browsers I made sure Java was updated, and that it was enabled in the options....still nothing.

any ideas? appreciate it.

http://www.whatismybrowser.com/is-javascript-enabled

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I must have the world worst luck brehs :to: ill try and make this as short as possible.

Basically i live in Europe and i speak both English and another small European language perfectly, I've always been good with computers ect built my computer when i had just turned 15 years old. Anyway i graduated highschool last year in june and was never really into college seems like a waste of time and money for me personally. So back in 2012 i started doing research and looking for jobs so that i could get into the IT industry long story short i found out that Dublin is now the sort of silicone valley of europe because alot of IT companies ibm hp ect have moved there because they pay no tax. Anyhow found out that there are helpdesk positions at these companies but the jobs were in Europeans languages only so helpdesk jobs in Spanish french ect and for my language. i thought i was :win: when i found this information because on another forum some other people were moving to Dublin for these jobs and other IT language jobs too. I thought this was going to be my entrance to the IT industry fast forward after my graduation in june last year i had to some bullshyt to take care of so my move to dublin put to the side in October i applied for a helpdesk position at ibm, went through tests, interview process ect and everything was successful. The recruiter told me that he was waiting on ibm for more information regarding starting date ect about a month went by from when he sent me the email telling me i was successful to me sending him a email asking him what's up ect, the idiot didn't even reply:wtf:. I was like fukk them nikkas :pacspit: like i said before many other IT companies are in dublin so i applied for other jobs got no calls ect was a bit upset for a while cause i really want to do this shi.t last week Tuesday i got another phonecall from a recruiter in glasgow asking me if im interested in helpdesk position for IBM and i told him yes. I was supposed to have my interview this monday but i never got the call and the bytch nikka recuiter haven't even replied to my email i sent him later on monday asking him about it:stopitslime:. This is the second time i've been fukked over by a recuiter not sure what im going to do now im broke as fukk might end up just applying to college and getting some bullshyt degree :sadcam:

Most recruiters are scum bags and that's why I refuse to deal with them.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:
Well now i know that i guess:ld: everything is a learning process. I have 8 months to get myself intro the IT industry or my ass is going back to school. will be starting programming asap might even buy the A+ bundle posted earlier if i get money in time. being broke sucks dikk

krexzen

All Star
Daps

I've learned this lesson over the past few months as well. I've been developing a particular distaste towards staffing agencies and HR in general.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've learned this lesson over the past few months as well. I've been developing a particular distaste towards staffing agencies and HR in general.
recruiters are fukking idiots my interview was supposed to be a skype interview so i got suited up and everything and never even got the call. bytchass recruiter isn't replying to my emails either fukk them nikkas :pacspit:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I refuse to do business with recruitment firms regardless of the job opportunity. Hopefully If more tech people boycotted them they'll all eventually fold.