IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
I applied for a helpdesk position and they been calling, but im hesitant cause i cant find any reviews on them or anything
Who's been calling? And any reviews on Teksystems? Teksystems is primarily a staffing firm that places you as a direct-hire or contractor with other Firms that are looking for IT Professionals. They do hire as well.

If you have the skills and personality they'll place you where you want to be.

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/TEKsystems
http://www.linkedin.com/company/teksystems

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Who's been calling? And any reviews on Teksystems? Teksystems is primarily a staffing firm that places you as a direct-hire or contractor with other Firms that are looking for IT Professionals. They do hire as well.

If you have the skills and personality they'll place you where you want to be.

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/TEKsystems
http://www.linkedin.com/company/teksystems
Two of their managers i guess. I looked over their site last night and they seem to the biggest IT staffing firm in the game

Daps
What does IT stand for, I know certs mans certificates. Any engineers in the coli, and if so whats the best route for me to get set up as a biomedical engineer, Im a freshman in college
I T = Information Technology.

I am a Computer Science Engineer (CSE), and biomedical engineering is actually in a different spectrum from Computer Science and IT related Engineering, generally speaking. Biomedical is more closely associated with Chemical Engineering and Biology. The question is what are your goals and passions? Of course IT can be associated with anything, but you'll have to see how it fits in your ultimate goals.

Daps
Two of their managers i guess. I looked over their site last night and they seem to the biggest IT staffing firm in the game
Yes they are one of the biggest if not the biggest. That's why I mentioned them - no matter your location they can probably help you get staffed. You can work with multiple staffing firms at once, but understand your goals. The better you know what you're trying to do, the better you'll know how to navigate the process. Just ask if they're a recruiter or if they're a hiring manager for one of their (Teksystems) positions. If they're recruiter they'll get your information and try to understand what you're looking for. If you don't know - they may put you anywhere.

When I was in the market I was very specific, I looked for company culture, company management, location, and professional development. Depending on where you are in your career, those may not work for you. Some people want growth opportunities, highest pay, etc.

If they're a hiring manager, it'll be more like your traditional interview.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps

I am a Computer Science Engineer (CSE), and biomedical engineering is actually in a different spectrum from Computer Science and IT related Engineering, generally speaking. Biomedical is more closely associated with Chemical Engineering and Biology. The question is what are your goals and passions? Of course IT can be associated with anything, but you'll have to see how it fits in your ultimate goals.
Well I love science and engineering so becoming a biomedical engeneer is the ideal career, my major is pre-engineering right now but as I continue I might get more specific and work more towards the chemical and biology part.

Daps
What college are you at? If you are serious about engineering try to take engineering courses asap - otherwise it can stack your course-load awkwardly. For example, all engineers at all universities are required to take Physics and Calculus I & II. Be sure to take those because they are pre-reqs for many engineering core classes.

Silkk

Daps
Yes they are one of the biggest if not the biggest. That's why I mentioned them - no matter your location they can probably help you get staffed. You can work with multiple staffing firms at once, but understand your goals. The better you know what you're trying to do, the better you'll know how to navigate the process. Just ask if they're a recruiter or if they're a hiring manager for one of their (Teksystems) positions. If they're recruiter they'll get your information and try to understand what you're looking for. If you don't know - they may put you anywhere.

When I was in the market I was very specific, I looked for company culture, company management, location, and professional development. Depending on where you are in your career, those may not work for you. Some people want growth opportunities, highest pay, etc.

If they're a hiring manager, it'll be more like your traditional interview.
Just got another call for this position i applied for

http://starmountlife.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-46115.html

My main thing is good money & not having to be on the phone all day like i currently am now.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got another call for this position i applied for

http://starmountlife.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-46115.html

My main thing is good money & not having to be on the phone all day like i currently am now.

I would tread carefully dealing with these jack of all trade type jobs. Normally these types of jobs are made up of duties nobody else in the IT department wants to do. I've had several and normally didn't stay longer than 1 year before bolting. In my opinion desktop support is even worse than the Hell Desk. Because you'll see problems created from almost every other group in the IT Department. It gets old constantly having to clean up messes created by other people.

Silkk

Daps
I would tread carefully dealing with these jack of all trade type jobs. Normally these types of jobs are made up of duties nobody else in the IT department wants to do. I've had several and normally didn't stay longer than 1 year before bolting. In my opinion desktop support is even worse than the Hell Desk. Because you'll see problems created from almost every other group in the IT Department. It gets old constantly having to clean up messes created by other people.
Yea, i figure but i been doing tier 1 for like 2 years and need to make a move. Long as i dont have to deal with being a supervisor, its whatever.

If i take it, i dont plan on being there more than a year anyway cause im really wanting to move back to California

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, i figure but i been doing tier 1 for like 2 years and need to make a move. Long as i dont have to deal with being a supervisor, its whatever.

If i take it, i dont plan on being there more than a year anyway cause im really wanting to move back to California

It's real easy to get typecast by companies into doing the same job forever. You're doing the right thing by moving on after a year or two.

Silkk

Daps
It's real easy to get typecast by companies into doing the same job forever. You're doing the right thing by moving on after a year or two.
Yea they got lady where im at now been doing tier 1 for 12 years, fukk THAT

bbdfada1011079970de7b533c087b2a9.gif

semtex

:)
Daps

:lupe: