IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
more details breh...what in this vast IT world interests you?
Repairing computers or programming:yeshrug: I'm a quick learner and i have good photographic memory:yeshrug: what you suggest?:ohhh:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how are the prospects with the web development field. By focus is on networking but I'd like to be more versatile. i have some access to free courses that teach HTML 5 CSS, C##, and JavaScript.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Repairing computers or programming:yeshrug: I'm a quick learner and i have good photographic memory:yeshrug: what you suggest?:ohhh:

my advice is find something that interests you..research the possible avenues/jobs/salary then take the steps to finding a job..in IT though the common theme is most likely Help Desk of some sort will be your first stop on this adventure

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Wow...Man o Man...I'm really beginning to believe that C# and the .NET platform is VASTLY superior to Java :wow:. We'll soon see if Java 8's streams can be a liable competitor to LINQ.

:wow:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
What type of VOIP equipment do you have experience working on? If you've got Cisco VOIP experience you could easily make more money elsewhere. I doubt joining the military can get you to the next level technology wise. When I worked for the DOD as a contractor practically all their technology was obsolete. Needless to say I didn't stick around long working on that outdated garbage but bounced instead. You'll have to job hop if you want to fast track your IT career prospects.