IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo @Data-Hawk which do you find easier writing...plain LINQ queries or Lambdas? For example...

Code:
int[] numbers = { 5, 10, 8, 3, 6, 12};

//Query syntax:
IEnumerable<int> numQuery1 =
    from num in numbers
    where num % 2 == 0
    orderby num
    select num;

or

// Lambda:
var numQuery2 = numbers.Where(num => num % 2 == 0).OrderBy(n => n);

?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
@FreshFromATL

lambda lambda..mostly because they go with delegates aka function pointers. Which are great for things like menu's..etc also anything that makes the code shorter im a fan of.

reminds me i need to see how fast linq is for game programming. Always heard its too slow tho.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Any one have any Security + study material or test questions?

http://sy0201.blogspot.com/

Darril Gibson's book is all you'll need. It's a straightforward and easy test. Possibly one of the easiest certifications you can get. The book comes with two practice exams. Read the book once maybe twice, do the practice exams, and then take the actual test.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
And I haven't been following the news on the Obama website like that but :huhldup: at been known as the mutherfukkers that fukked up on that scale...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:laugh: what details can you share ?

Basically my old landlord in Albany Ga works for them...and they are bidding on a military contract I used to work for with my former company, so because I have "inside" inside knowledge she referred me to her people.

So before the phone screen, I did some background on the company and found out they were in charge of Obamacare.gov

So after the phone screen..I asked them what can they tell me about the Obamacare fisaco, then all 3 people got quiet....one guy laughed and said "they dont tell us anything"

Anyway I wasnt really interested in going back to Albany unless they pay me Lead developer $$ and I can work from home....but I really dont wanna be associated with the site that rolled out that mess!

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
been thinking there arent many or if any African based rpg's... Think i might make one.

came up with this last night ( work in progress )....

Edit: Didn't know the pic wasn't rotated..( Damn iphone)

34fianm.png

Last edited: