IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
posted this in LTR , but hopefully i'll get some responses here.

Brehs I has a question.

I'm currently doing noc work for my uncles VOIP company. I'm not certified shyt is like an intership I get paid peanuts. Should I keep at it? I get to learn while on the job and I'm about to have 2 years experience in july. I can probably lie and say I got three. I plan to get certed up in about 6 months. It's really stressful though because I'm sacrificing getting paid decently now in hopes of making big money later. I find myself doing lots of stuff on the side to make ends meet... is it all worth it brehs?

Was also thinking about finishing my degree after the certs and joining the USAF and take this telecom shyt to the next level on some edward snowden shyt 250K/yr + bonus. Was gonna post this in the cert thread but dont know if it's still active.

any thoughts my certed up brehs?

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps

Brehs I has a question.

I'm currently doing noc work for my uncles VOIP company. I'm not certified shyt is like an intership I get paid peanuts. Should I keep at it? I get to learn while on the job and I'm about to have 2 years experience in july. I can probably lie and say I got three. I plan to get certed up in about 6 months. It's really stressful though because I'm sacrificing getting paid decently now in hopes of making big money later. I find myself doing lots of stuff on the side to make ends meet... is it all worth it brehs?

Was also thinking about finishing my degree after the certs and joining the USAF and take this telecom shyt to the next level on some edward snowden shyt 250K/yr + bonus. Was gonna post this in the cert thread but dont know if it's still active.

Damn no thoughts??? No opinions?

fukk yall breh

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn no thoughts??? No opinions?

fukk yall breh

What type of VOIP equipment do you have experience working on? If you've got Cisco VOIP experience you could easily make more money elsewhere. I doubt joining the military can get you to the next level technology wise. When I worked for the DOD as a contractor practically all their technology was obsolete. Needless to say I didn't stick around long working on that outdated garbage but bounced instead. You'll have to job hop if you want to fast track your IT career prospects.

Romell

Superstar
Daps

Brehs I has a question.

My first job out of college put me at a company that trained up VOIP engineers from the bottom to the top and shipped them out as contractors. As a cisco reseller they got better deals the more Cisco Certified engineers they had on staff.
The path they had us on:
CCNA -> CCNP -> CCNA:VOICE -> CCNP VOICE ->CCIE VOICE

If you want that path then cert up while you work and you should be good anywhere.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
My first job out of college put me at a company that trained up VOIP engineers from the bottom to the top and shipped them out as contractors. As a cisco reseller they got better deals the more Cisco Certified engineers they had on staff.
The path they had us on:
CCNA -> CCNP -> CCNA:VOICE -> CCNP VOICE ->CCIE VOICE

If you want that path then cert up while you work and you should be good anywhere.

:blessed: Many thanks for this GOAT advice.

What the pay lookin like?

I know that contractor pay is pretty good from what I seen.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Brehs I has a question.

Sounds like you have a lot of real life experience. You should be able to leverage that into a better job. Don't do the military thing though, I know dudes that went into the service and can't wait to get out to :eat:in the private sector.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
:blessed: Many thanks for this GOAT advice.

What the pay lookin like?

I know that contractor pay is pretty good from what I seen.
It was pretty good, but i didnt stay with the company too long due to needing relocate. :to: The guys my wife recruits for her company make bank.

I'm doing SysEng work now.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
2014...looking for/getting a new job...bout to rockout with this new skillset I've been developing:banderas:

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
:ohhh:brehs, i'm thinking about becoming an computer technician or something along those lines. I need that boost. Can't go back to school and jobless:sadcam:any advice?

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
been thinking there arent many or if any African based rpg's... Think i might make one.

came up with this last night ( work in progress )....

Edit: Didn't know the pic wasn't rotated..( Damn iphone)

34fianm.png
:ohhh:how'd you do this?