IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's your guys opinion on learning coding languages like Ruby or Python? Do you see the career prospects good/bad vs going the cert route mostly mentioned in here? If there is another thread for coding let me know. I'm still a newbie to all this. Help me tech gurus :blessed:

learn python esp if you would like to get in security, ruby on rails is good as well for web development

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Yo @Data-Hawk what web framework y'all using at your shop? Y'all using ASP.Net or ASP.Net MVC?

MVC ( even though I'm not apart of that group, but the lady that sits in front me uses it ). Right now my company is spending a ton of $$$$ on training. Our #1 priority is to move everything away from Mainframe/Cobal & Java to Microsoft's platform. Think we are spending close to a million a month on our mainframe systems :snoop:.... shyt is beyond a pain to deal with esp with web services( had the security team track me down earlier this year because I didn't pass a certain parameter when making the call and supposedly an alert through email is sent out to everybody and something like 5,000 emails were sent out :laff: ) IMHO the call should of failed instead of going through if that was the case..owell:manny:

Edit: for our main website, I have no idea what those guys are doing over there. All I know is the servers are running on Suse Linux so it's not MS related.

Last edited:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
MVC ( even though I'm not apart of that group, but the lady that sits in front me uses it ). Right now my company is spending a ton of $$$$ on training. Our #1 priority is to move everything away from Mainframe/Cobal & Java to Microsoft's platform. Think we are spending close to a million a month on our mainframe systems :snoop:.... shyt is beyond a pain to deal with esp with web services( had the security team track me down earlier this year because I didn't pass a certain parameter when making the call and supposedly an alert through email is sent out to everybody and something like 5,000 emails were sent out :laff: ) IMHO the call should of failed instead of going through if that was the case..owell:manny:

Edit: for our main website, I have no idea what those guys are doing over there. All I know is the servers are running on Suse Linux so it's not MS related.
Seems to me you just described a government job?
Stuff like this rarely happens in the private sector

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Ah fukk it. I need to speed up development n just get something out. hopefully by this Friday i can post a dropbox link to a very early demo of the game.

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that's cray

Last edited:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
What's your guys opinion on learning coding languages like Ruby or Python? Do you see the career prospects good/bad vs going the cert route mostly mentioned in here? If there is another thread for coding let me know. I'm still a newbie to all this. Help me tech gurus :blessed:
python is free money, learn it and you will never be broke.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
that's cray
ya man. The mainframe is the backbone of this company. I remeber when I was working at the Help desk and the mainframe went down( only time in my 7 yrs here ) I thought people went ape shyt when exchange goes down. lol. thats nothing. We were losing 100's of thousands of dollars I forgot how quick but it had to be by the hr.

funny enough I met the desktop guy who caused it and he said something along the lines of cables coming out.lol

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Beginning programmers. Learn about dependency injection, what it mean for your classes to be "loosely coupled", and inversion of control containers.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Quick Screenshot of some progress( Using Toon Shaders ) Damn Animal wont stay up after applying Gravity to it..lol
10ms901.jpg

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Hey, fellas, I deleted my boot partition while attempting to reinstall window 7. Does anyone in here has a window 7 iso file that I can download to reinstall my operating system ?