IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I say buy a domain, get cheap hosting, install wordpress and do it. Doesnt have to be fancy just presentable. All about the content you post.

Yep, already have a domain, I've had wordpress software installed for a minute too...I just follow a lot of tumblr blogs and I'm always :ohhh: at how dope some people make them look

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
@No Homo

just copped a host, breh, lol. I decided to use bluehost (I'm lazy, I just picked the first host that met my needs :manny:, when I get home from work, I'll start putting shyt together. Should have some stuff up by tomorrow night or sunday :win:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
@No Homo

just copped a host, breh, lol. I decided to use bluehost (I'm lazy, I just picked the first host that met my needs :manny:, when I get home from work, I'll start putting shyt together. Should have some stuff up by tomorrow night or sunday :win:

:myman:

Bluehost is one alot of people go with for something like that. Just keep adding content to it. You never know might be able to make some money off it. Heres something similar(blog posts intended to teach/learn) and what it turned into. http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/my-first-online-business/

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:myman:

Bluehost is one alot of people go with for something like that. Just keep adding content to it. You never know might be able to make some money off it. Heres something similar(blog posts intended to teach/learn) and what it turned into. http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/my-first-online-business/

yea man, honestly, I just wanna create something that can possibly reach inner-city youth and give them something they can hopefully grasp and take an interest in. I'm thinking about giving an entire overview of how technologies interact with each other instead of just focusing on one technology. I'll probably post entire projects from backend to frontend. But if it does turn into another avenue for income, can't be mad at that :manny:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
So I'm thinking about starting a blog or a website. My goal is to publish one article or publish one code project daily in one of the following technologies: Java, SQL, .Net technologies, Javascript, PHP, Andriod, or maybe a couple other I know. Topics will range from learning framework libraries, data structures, algorithms, creating three tier applications, database programming, desktop programming, internet networking (TCP/IP), creating small apps, etc. I've come to see that I have a talent of explaining things in a way people can understand :manny:. Right now I'm trying to see if I want to use tumblr or wordpress for my blog :lupe:...don't really have time to build my own website from the ground up with the NBA season here and the PS4 and XBOX One bout to drop...

This actually may be the first article i post...wrote it last night (I need to edit it thought)...

I read everything

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I was worried caues this thread was dead during the Summer.now that it's Fall getting colder and all the asses and titties is covered up, nikkas can focus on the grind again

work hard and get that $$$ brehs:salute:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
got the site up brehs, and with a couple of posts. I had to work this morning messing around with the css, html, and php code to get it to look and function the way I wanted. I still gotta add some more stuff to it though (social media features, ect.). So far I think it has a dope look to it (minimalist magazine look) with good content :manny:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Keep it up. I've been spending the past couple of months learning a lot about HTML, CSS and Javascript. I've been focusing on CSS the past few weeks. It's amazing what you can do with CSS

http://csszengarden.com/

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, can anyone show me a site that has source to make a 3 rowed drop down menu with CSS?

I have a list of 12 and instread of having all 12 horizontally, I want 4X3 and than be able to hover over the links with sub menus

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
i want to get started breh should i start with sql essentials if not where should i start :ld:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
@FreshFromATL

Never like Java to begin with, but in Java is ArrayList type safe?

For example( C# )

Float i = 5.0f;
List <int> yaMomma = new List<int>();

yaMomma.add(i); // attempting to add a float to an int list = error nikka!

If it is or isn't , that's one thing you'd probably want to add, as it can cause bugs when you develop your own classes.

edit: ArrayList isn't type safe in C#,so everybody uses lists now. O and wordpress is pretty good. I was using it when I was blogging about my first person shooter game( before It got canceled.lol )

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
@FreshFromATL

Never like Java to begin with, but in Java is ArrayList type safe?

For example( C# )

Float i = 5.0f;
List <int> yaMomma = new List<int>();

yaMomma.add(i); // attempting to add a float to an int list = error nikka!

If it is or isn't , that's one thing you'd probably want to add, as it can cause bugs when you develop your own classes.

edit: ArrayList isn't type safe in C#,so everybody uses lists now. O and wordpress is pretty good. I was using it when I was blogging about my first person shooter game( before It got canceled.lol )

Yep...ArrayList is type safe in Java as it is part of Java's Generic Collection. In Java, once you declare an ArrayList of type Double, for instance...

ArrayList<Double> prices = new ArrayList<Double>();

you can add only values of type Double into that ArrayList. That was one of the things that tripped me up when I first started using C# coming from Java, I was trying to use ArrayList but in C#, ArrayList isn't really used anymore as you said because it isn't type safe.

And another difference between Java and C# is you can't add primitive/simple value types to a generic collection. So an ArrayList in Java can't be instantiated with type int, double, boolean, etc. You would get an error

You have to use Integer, Double, Boolean as generic collection only hold objects.

Last edited:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
i want to get started breh should i start with sql essentials if not where should i start :ld:

If you trying to learn SQL, then yea, start with the essentials breh. Learn how to write SQL commands, learn how to properly construct a SQL database. Just download a MySQL database and get going. Also, SQL is a good technology to learn because EVERYTHING runs off of a database, EVERYTHING. Also check my site later, I'm currently finishing up a small application that will be using a database as its back end. I will be using some sql scripts in the application.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
If you trying to learn SQL, then yea, start with the essentials breh. Learn how to write SQL commands, learn how to properly construct a SQL database. Just download a MySQL database and get going. Also, SQL is a good technology to learn because EVERYTHING runs off of a database, EVERYTHING. Also check my site later, I'm currently finishing up a small application that will be using a database as its back end. I will be using some sql scripts in the application.
whats next java ?