IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
:heh: I remember going through that shyt. Don't worry, it gets worse from there :blessed:

EDIT: do you qualify for the CISSP breh? Don't wanna pass the test and not get the cert because you don't got enough years of experience.

You'll get a pass if your a FA53 in the Army regardless of the years in position.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You'll get a pass if your a FA53 in the Army regardless of the years in position.

I'm assuming you've done your research, good luck with the test breh. And FYI, shyt's a scantron test. I walked into that bytch and felt like I was taking my SAT again.

The test wasn't too bad, the hardest part was taking an exam for 4 fukking hours :shaq2:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If you gonna be doing a lot of Exchange work, starting learning powershell breh. That shyt will make you look like a God. Someone came by my desk on some

Cac: Hey bro, can you write a script to determine how many users are on Exchange 2010 vs 2007. We need it yesterday for a big project, please breh :why:
Me: IDK breh, I can maybe swing it Wednesday or Thursday, that's a lot of damn work:patrice:
Cac: Come on breh, please :noah:

Dumb ass don't know that shyt is only like 5 lines of code :pachaha:

Word. It's on my list right now with the impending testing of the ticketing system.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Company paying for my A+ class and exam.

5 Day Class starts Monday and I get paid to go to the class too.

:blessed:

Seriously lucky though, my Manager trying to put me on SCCM 2012, Server 2012.

I gotta start spend more time in the server room

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
cosign the bolded to the fullest..i was done with my bachelors and masters by 24 with only an 8 month break in between

what did you get your masters in? other IT heads with one feel free to answer also...just curious to see what the results are.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Company paying for my A+ class and exam.

5 Day Class starts Monday and I get paid to go to the class too.

:blessed:

Seriously lucky though, my Manager trying to put me on SCCM 2012, Server 2012.

I gotta start spend more time in the server room

Good look, I didnt bother A+ but its never a bad thing to have as many certs on your CV

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yall brehs rlly up on dis :ohhh:

SO i just switched over to Computer Science for my major

Taking Programming 101

My professor teachin us how to code(Java) with an open source program called
"Processing" which can be found on the website processing.org

Anyways as u can figure im really new to this sht so a couple of questions

What are the different kinds up programming and coding fields??
Which would u recommend I pursue?
I've just started learning how to code(Java language) any books that can inform me
I see alot of talks bout certs.. when should i pursue acquiring those

ANd also I just need general IT knowledge..what the various fields are, how they are different and similar, an analysis of the market for each field...etc.

LikeI I said..I jus transferred to this major so im kind of a lost sheep in dis mufcka

All help will be appreciated :obama:

All Star
Daps
Can anybody familiar with batch files tell me wtf a "output character" is? I can't find an answer for it anywhere.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Taking Programming 101

I've just started learning how to code(Java language) any books that can inform me

ANd also I just need general IT knowledge..what the various fields are, how they are different and similar, an analysis of the market for each field...etc.

LikeI I said..I jus transferred to this major so im kind of a lost sheep in dis mufcka

I'll reply to most of this later( brotha about to go back to sleep....lol ) but for the cert thing. I wouldn't place to much value on them as a programmer. They don't help programmers as much.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Taking Programming 101

1.)What are the different kinds up programming and coding fields??
The field of programming is very vast, I mean anything type of business or field you can think of( Science, Business, Game Programming, etc. ) I could go on forever.

2.)Which would u recommend I pursue?
Really hard to say, I would wait until you get a little more comfortable with programming. Some fields require you to know a lot of Math/Physics( Game Programming, Simulations, Security Programming, OS Programming etc ) and others don't require anything beyond basic arithmetic(Usually business type of programming )

3.)I've just started learning how to code(Java language) any books that can inform me
You can look on Youtube for some Java Videos

But most importantly, Program , Program , Program Program( Its the only way you'll ever learn it )

Since you are just transferring to CS, hope you are ready for a bunch of Math :smile:

You can check out these sites also

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/javahttp://stackoverflow.com/

http://stackoverflow.com/

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
1.)What are the different kinds up programming and coding fields??
The field of programming is very vast, I mean anything type of business or field you can think of( Science, Business, Game Programming, etc. ) I could go on forever.

2.)Which would u recommend I pursue?
Really hard to say, I would wait until you get a little more comfortable with programming. Some fields require you to know a lot of Math/Physics( Game Programming, Simulations, Security Programming, OS Programming etc ) and others don't require anything beyond basic arithmetic(Usually business type of programming )

3.)I've just started learning how to code(Java language) any books that can inform me
You can look on Youtube for some Java Videos

But most importantly, Program , Program , Program Program( Its the only way you'll ever learn it )

Since you are just transferring to CS, hope you are ready for a bunch of Math :smile:

You can check out these sites also

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/javahttp://stackoverflow.com/

http://stackoverflow.com/

Thnx for the reply back...

So i guessin Programmin leans more toward benefiting those with creativity correct?

If its not too much trouble can u give me a basic explanation of the different IT fields(Programmin, Networking, etc.) and how they differ?

Also I get practicing but should I continue to practice with the opensource program i mentioned or will it fck up learning pure java...?

I'll take a look at those books soon... Thanks again