IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I've worked for so many idiots who act just like Elon. And think their always the smartest person in the room. They almost always crash and burn like he did in this instance. Then try to rely on privilege to survive the disaster they caused
Yup. have 1 person on my team like this. Which is crazy because even if you are the smartest, if you are and a$$hole, you hold the team back.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Yeah I would have jumped ship as soon as he bought Twitter. He comes across as the type of boss who would get in the way of trying to do the right/good things and the types only cause chaos :francis:

I will say he gets results but he's commanding some of the smartest people in their field. Which seems to always be missed by outsiders or people who look up to him. I do admire his work ethic but its like with Steve Jobs. You have the best engineers! which causes a negative rippling effect with other companies because they want that same productivity from their employee's.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I will say he gets results but he's commanding some of the smartest people in their field. Which seems to always be missed by outsiders or people who look up to him. I do admire his work ethic but its like with Steve Jobs. You have the best engineers! which causes a negative rippling effect with other companies because they want that same productivity from their employee's.
I disagree. He's a fraud imo

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell fukkin No!!!
:mjlol:
I don't need money that bad.

MGM Grand Seeking Someone to Work 10 Hours Every Day to Fix Systems After Hack​

• MGM Grand is hoping to hire someone to help secure its systems as quickly as possible
  • The job ad offers an admin $110 per hour for 10 hours per day, seven days per week
  • The MGM cyberattack began almost two weeks ago, costing the firm $8.4m per day

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Anyone have any specific career goals for 2024? Mine is to dive into ML/AI and attend 4-5 Cybersecurity/AI conferences.
Mine is to delve deeper into software development in general, and attend a handful of hackathons. Got a hackathon lined up within the next couple weeks. The ML/AI realm is definitely intriguing too. I eventually want to become a full-stack engineer.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Anyone using virtualbox on a Mac? For some reason, windows runs like shyt no matter what version I install. Linux distros run fine. I’ve adjusted the virtual memory and hard drive space, but no luck.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone using virtualbox on a Mac? For some reason, windows runs like shyt no matter what version I install. Linux distros run fine. I’ve adjusted the virtual memory and hard drive space, but no luck.
I've only used VMware Fusion myself. Stopped using Virtualbox years ago. Especially since it's so easy to find serial keys on YouTube.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Run Linux in the VM and run Windows in the Linux VM.

inception-bo-kev.jpg

Naw i'm just joking..lol

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Run Linux in the VM and run Windows in the Linux VM.

inception-bo-kev.jpg

Naw i'm just joking..lol
I don't think you can virtualize while in virtualization. Me and a coworker ran up against this type of issue when we tried to stand up some sort of test K8S cluster on a Virtualbox VM. Some weird shyt went on and it just didn't like it :hubie: