IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I started the ServiceNow externship on Monday. I've been speaking being a Systems Admin into existence and this will be my opportunity. I wasn't interested in the Dev route prior but it's enticing now. Some of the folks I speak with say they have great work/life balance, make good $$, and the work isn't difficult due to SN being low-code.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Mine is to delve deeper into software development in general, and attend a handful of hackathons. Got a hackathon lined up within the next couple weeks. The ML/AI realm is definitely intriguing too. I eventually want to become a full-stack engineer.
Just placed top 3 in my first hackathon :ehh:

Also the event had a cybersecurity challenge dealing with Windows and Linux systems, my team got top 2 here. Dope experience overall, and learned a lot. Hackathons are definitely going to be on my radar as a priority now.

HovaNas

Pro
Daps
Just placed top 3 in my first hackathon :ehh:

Also the event had a cybersecurity challenge dealing with Windows and Linux systems, my team got top 2 here. Dope experience overall, and learned a lot. Hackathons are definitely going to be on my radar as a priority now.

Congrats! :salute:

I did a CTF with HackTheBox and that humbled tf out of me at the time. Really made me change my way of solving problems.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Passed my CCNA :blessed:

that shyt was no joke. had to destroy what little social life I had to get that shyt.

My highest score, 90%, was in automation/programmability :ohhh:.that might be the road I go down on the way to security

Did you use any Cisco equipment to study for labs? I'm currently studying for the CCNA right now.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Did you use any Cisco equipment to study for labs? I'm currently studying for the CCNA right now.

Good luck bro

But naw i just used packet tracer labs from jeremys it lab channel, as well as his flash cards. Also used OCG books

Tbh all you gotta get is really good at 2 or 3 categories, and decent in the other ones atleast and you will pass. Be able to subnet in your head in less then 10 seconds and know how to read routing tables. Wireless and IPV6 were big too.. afew spanning tree questions. Alot of security as well

slikkp

Pro
Daps
Passed my CCNA :blessed:

that shyt was no joke. had to destroy what little social life I had to get that shyt.

My highest score, 90%, was in automation/programmability :ohhh:.that might be the road I go down on the way to se

Download Cisco packet tracer. If you want your CCNP; download CML or set up EVE-NG.