IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, just had a recruiter leave me a message for a Business Analyst position.:krs:

Should I accept? I don't graduate until August. Its an entry level position.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Brehs, just had a recruiter leave me a message for a Business Analyst position.:krs:

Should I accept? I don't graduate until August. Its an entry level position.

So did you do what I told you to? And if you think you can do the job, take it. But just don't start making money and end up like "fukk school" when you only have a couple months left :laugh:

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So did you do what I told you to? And if you think you can do the job, take it. But just don't start making money and end up like "fukk school" when you only have a couple months left :laugh:

Yea, and I left the recruiter a message saying to call me back and give me the details on the position. :wow:

And yea man, I am kind of afraid that I might get too caught up in the work as I am taking 3 classes right now.:hamster:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yea, and I left the recruiter a message saying to call me back and give me the details on the position. :wow:

And yea man, I am kind of afraid that I might get too caught up in the work as I am taking 3 classes right now.:hamster:

Nah, you'll be fine, breh. Multi-tasking is what we do. Welcome to the winner's circle :obama:

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm about to begin my IT career. Moving back to Atlanta after I get out of the military in 3 months. Started studying this Mike Meyers A+ book hard...I hope to have at least 2 certs out of the way before I start putting my resumes out there, because really I don't think I know enough to work even an entry level job yet... I already have an Associates in Logistics, and will be going to GSU for CIS starting in January with the GI Bill....

I hope I make it :to:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Are you planning on releasing it after everything you want to put in the game is added, or are you planning on doing releases?

Releases. I'm hoping to have a playable demo(For the PC)up by end of Sept. and release a paid version for the PC, iOS and Android around the beginning of 2014. Hopefully I can get the PC version up on STEAM, the mobile app stores should be no problem. I'm giving most of the creative control over to my 9yr son LOL. We were playing around in Target one day and that's when the game idea hit me:heh:

Still a little skeptical about FPS games on Mobile. Most of the controls are garbage, so I need to create new( never seen ) control system for mobile or else I'm ditching it. If its not fun to me it wont see the light of day..:smoker:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I'm about to begin my IT career. Moving back to Atlanta after I get out of the military in 3 months. Started studying this Mike Meyers A+ book hard...I hope to have at least 2 certs out of the way before I start putting my resumes out there, because really I don't think I know enough to work even an entry level job yet... I already have an Associates in Logistics, and will be going to GSU for CIS starting in January with the GI Bill....

I hope I make it :to:

Your Military background should help, even if its not IT related. I worked with a couple people that were in the Air Force and Navy. A lot of them were on the Network team here.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
This might be a little off-topic, but what's the typical salary for a network engineer (especially for a Jr. engineer)? So far in Maryland and Virginia it seems to be around $45,000, but I was kind of expecting it to be a little bit more.