Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

BlackDynamite310

All Star
Daps
I honestly feel terrible for my man Lawrence. Real ones can see and feel the pain this man going through. He pissed that issa put him on the situation where he can't be with the woman he love off GP. He gonna fukk Tasha and other bytches all season but the man is hurting. Tasha if a great woman but it ain't what he want. You gonna see Lawrence take a bunch or emotional L's this season brehs. That said the show is phenomenal. The music selection it the best I've heard on a show and writing it a amazing.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Issa brother and Amanda diva husband are :wrist:. shyt was set up last season when she swore he wouldn't do nothing gay. Then the way they greeted each other was a dead giveaway.
I peeped her bro being super gay. But yeah Amanda diva husband kinda fruity in his mannerisms also :ohhh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I honestly feel terrible for my man Lawrence. Real ones can see and feel the pain this man going through. He pissed that issa put him on the situation where he can't be with the woman he love off GP. He gonna fukk Tasha and other bytches all season but the man is hurting. Tasha if a great woman but it ain't what he want. You gonna see Lawrence take a bunch or emotional L's this season brehs. That said the show is phenomenal. The music selection it the best I've heard on a show and writing it a amazing.
:mjcry:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I was on this show from day 1 simply off the strength of watching ABG on YouTube thanks to this forum. She was putting out quality material on her own with a shoestring budget. Now she hit the big time with HBO backing her show and it's really showcasing her potential creatively.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

DFeH8z-XoAAvJqg.jpg:large

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
This show is already good, and I have no doubt that it's going to remain good, but I will say I hope they expand the scope just a tad. I think that's how they go to the next level. The Issa/Lawrence stuff is great, but before it gets stale (which isn't now, I'm just thinking a season ahead) I think it would be dope to give a little more time and focus on the side characters like Lawrence's friends and Issa's other friends. Maybe even do some standalone episodes on the supporting characters and eventually make them main characters, maybe even expand Tasha's character.

It works as the Issa's life and dating show, but I realized last night that I really enjoy these other characters and see room for the show to go beyond that, and showcase so many different black relationships and modern day perspectives.

Again, I'm talking more about season 3 and beyond.