Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

@m0rninggl0ry

Regarding Issa, I'm not saying Lawrence should forgive her. I'm just saying people fukk up. In their circumstance, it just comes down to can he forgive. Clearly he couldn't.

Regarding Molly, I know it is somewhat hypocritical not to call out dudes who are in similar social paths. The difference is, a lot of dudes in that position aren't really looking to settle down. They play the field, which is cool because they are honest with themselves in that they aren't looking for Ms. Right.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
@m0rninggl0ry

Regarding Issa, I'm not saying Lawrence should forgive her. I'm just saying people fukk up. In their circumstance, it just comes down to can he forgive. Clearly he couldn't.

Regarding Molly, I know it is somewhat hypocritical not to call out dudes who are in similar social paths. The difference is, a lot of dudes in that position aren't really looking to settle down. They do just not with Black women They play the field, which is cool because they are honest with themselves in that they aren't looking for DEFINE "MRs. Right".

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Its no way out of it. She's gonna make you sit down and watch it with her just to start an argument and vent on you. Get ready.

Yeah I told her I watched it before she reached for the fire stick remote to turn it on when we were chilling and she immediately started talking at 100 mph. I didn't catch all of it cause I was reading about Marvel vs. Capcom 4 but I did hear her say she hopes Issa don't take him back. I just laughed and was like why would he want her back then laid out all the reasons he winning now and how he DIDNT cheat on her. She said something about how tv needed to show there were good black men left out there, when I said ain't no nikka THAT good I could tell she was furious.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
My wife been asking me all week if I watched the last two episodes yet. I already know she just want my opinion on the finale and I KNOW it's gonna start an argument. Just watched it today while she was grocery shopping, but I ain't letting her know.
My wife was all on board for Lawrence and was hoping Issa had a slow death for most of the last part of this season. Then when that lawrence ether hit she did a complete 180 and was "in her feelings" for Issa. I looked at her like:martin:. All I could say was that this is why I've always said that women can't handle the truth in relationships. Truth is Issa deserved that shyt 10x's over. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think she woulda supported him if he was sitting home all day, doing nothing, and forget her Bday?

This show is very complex. Issa and Lawrence had a complex relationship, which I KNOW is going over a lot of people's heads.

I don't think it was "complex" in the classical sense..... She had been with him for a minute and he was going through a rough patch.... which in turn made her re evaluate what she wanted in life....

It all boils down to emotional maturity.... that's why Molly and the bank teller could see the potential and worth in Lawrence more easily than Issa could

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't think it was "complex" in the classical sense..... She had been with him for a minute and he was going through a rough patch.... which in turn made her re evaluate what she wanted in life....

It all boils down to emotional maturity.... that's why Molly and the bank teller could see the potential and worth in Lawrence more easily than Issa could
I'm not denying Issa's emotional immaturity at all. That was really my point. She shoulda left Lawrence earlier when she felt that way.

I'm just not gonna go on team anything because Lawrence was a mess too. That's been my point the entire time. Both were in the wrong.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Muthafukkas got some wack ass wives:russ:

My girl watched the last episode at work and hit me with the :smoothhoffa:

Text

And she bought a dub that night :why:

Pipe your girl right

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I'm afraid the writers gonna castrate Lawrence in season 2 due to the backlash of all black women who what their cake and eat it too.

1. Lawrence is gonna show off his new girl.
2. they gonna reveal that Tasha is some terrible controlling person.
3. Lawrence is gonna simp and beg for Issa's back
4. But too late, Issa has found her great white savior

watch

:patrice: :patrice::patrice::patrice: