Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
:salute:

Just finished the series finale last night. #lawrencehive all day.

Back then you didn't want me, now I'm hot you all on me!

I said!

:stylin:

Why are you team Lawrence? I'm not starting a debate, I'm
Just curious. Is his character relatable in some ways?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
My wife been asking me all week if I watched the last two episodes yet. I already know she just want my opinion on the finale and I KNOW it's gonna start an argument. Just watched it today while she was grocery shopping, but I ain't letting her know.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
My wife been asking me all week if I watched the last two episodes yet. I already know she just want my opinion on the finale and I KNOW it's gonna start an argument. Just watched it today while she was grocery shopping, but I ain't letting her know.

:russ:

Im petty like that too. Give your honest opinion but be smooth about it

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Your thoughts on Issa, Molly, and Lawrence?

I like Lawrence as a character. He reminds of brothers I knew. He reminds me of me in a lot of ways.

I like Issa and Molly, they have a lot depth and complexity to them as characters. I'm glad homie fukked the other girl in the end, but I still felt for Issa cause I know she wasn't some cold bytch just out here randomly fukking nikkas and doing people dirty. She just made a mistake and fukked up.

Molly, just has to get outta her own damn way. That statistic the show talked about the more education a black woman has, the less likely they are to get married was so telling about Molly's situation. There's nothing wrong with not getting married, or going as high as you can up the education or corporate ladder...hell if a woman wants to bang and have no strings attached sex, that's fine too. But be honest about what you want, and ultimately what your prospects are going to be. I think the issue with black women who climb those ladders, in a lot of cases feel so entitled they begin to want unicorns. Not saying its wrong to have standards, we all should have them, but be realistic...Molly isn't realistic and it's indicative of the attitudes a lot of educated black women have. How often do you hear black women say there are no good black men out here, they're either in jail, gay, dating IR, or married already...there's millions of us, we just don't fit into some arbitrary box that black women need to get away from. She's just looking past the right one's.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I like Lawrence as a character. He reminds of brothers I knew. He reminds me of me in a lot of ways. This! I mentioned how some male viewers can relate to Lawrence and you proved my point.

I like Issa and Molly, they have a lot depth and complexity to them as characters. I'm glad homie fukked the other girl in the end why were you happy? Is it because Lawrence reminds you of yourself and found it compelling making a move the way he did?, but I still felt for Issa cause I know she wasn't some cold bytch just out here randomly fukking nikkas and doing people dirty. She just made a mistake and fukked up. We are humans who knows the difference between right and wrong. She was wrong

Molly, just has to get outta her own damn way. WE all do at times That statistic the show talked about the more education a black woman has, the less likely they are to get married was so telling about Molly's situation. There's nothing wrong with not getting married, or going as high as you can up the education or corporate ladder...hell if a woman wants to bang and have no strings attached sex, that's fine too. But be honest about what you want, and ultimately what your prospects are going to be. I think the issue with black women who climb those ladders, in a lot of cases feel so entitled they begin to want unicorns. Thats very funny. Lets look at this in another perspective. An educated Black man living in southern California that is very attractive, has his undergrad and masters, no kids etc. has no problem setting standards as to the woman he wants. Black men dare not to call them "unicorns". No shade but they are called "exotics"; not Black and if she is she better be as light as Paula Patton. Not saying its wrong to have standards, we all should have them, but be realistic So Black men can have standards but Black women shouldn't?...Molly isn't realistic but she is, in her own way. and it's indicative of the attitudes a lot of educated black women have. How often do you hear black women say there are no good black men out here, they're either in jail, gay, dating IR, or married already I am guilty of this ...there's millions of us, we just don't fit into some arbitrary box neither do WE that black women need to get away from Black men too. She's just looking past the right one's. Black men do too

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Its no way out of it. She's gonna make you sit down and watch it with her just to start an argument and vent on you. Get ready.