Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Tasha told Lawrence that he had a good amount of savings left, which to me meant he had been using some in addition to the unemployment he was getting to take care of expenses.

There was nothing to suggest that he was bumming off Issa and not helping out financially.

Yea if he was bumming off Issa financially, she woulda been complaining about it to Molly.

But I don't think anyone is saying he was doing that. He was bumming in the sense of playing video games all day, barely leaving the apartment, and making no effort to either find a new job or get his app going. Dude tried to 'Netflix and Chill' Issa's bday :heh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea if he was bumming off Issa financially, she woulda been complaining about it to Molly.

But I don't think anyone is saying he was doing that. He was bumming in the sense of playing video games all day, barely leaving the apartment, and making no effort to either find a new job or get his app going. Dude tried to 'Netflix and Chill' Issa's bday :heh:
I've seen some posts in this thread and the one in TLR saying he was broke and that Issa was supporting him financially

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
nikka was depressed. And snapped out of it pretty hard. He wasn't working, but was still going out on interviews. He did have a good chunk of change in savings. Once Issa went ghost he woke up and busted his ass to make it up to her. She still went out and did what she did. Sure, his depression got the ball rolling for her infidelity, but that should be the discussion. Why couldn't she stop the momentum?

And what qualifies as "standing with him". She wasn't that supportive at all. Again, maybe we don't know how long this phase lasted, but I didn't see much support.
:mindblown: why do people keep glossing over this fact.
It was one of the first major talking points about the show with how black people deal with and react to depression

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I've seen some posts in this thread and the one in TLR saying he was broke and that Issa was supporting him financially

It's never explicitly stated. But he was cashing unemployment checks and it was stated that he had a decent amount of savings so it can be deduced that Issa was more than likely taking care of the lions share of the bills while he was pitching in

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Haven't watched the finale but I see that nikkas are picking sides when there is no right and wrong. Relationship was over when Issa ain't wanna go home...now, she was wrong for going home when she knew she had unresolved feelings for her ex, but Lawrence was wrong for allowing his relationship to devolve to the point that it did.

Fact is, there's plenty of blame to go both ways. Eager to see where this goes in the season finale

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You're absolutely right! As bad as I did not like Lawrence fukkin Tasha like that, he was in the "right". I think it bothers some women viewers because when the relationship ends, typically we cry, eat our feelings away etc. while our is ex fukking some other chick like its nothing. Thats a fact and most men were cheering because its cathartic
It's not cathartic at all but...

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Issa and Lawrence both aint shyt.

Lawrence was a scrub. Simple as that. He wasnt working. He forgot his girl's Bday. He wanst working. He wasnt saving money. His pipe game was weak too. He did nothing at the start of the season. Issa shoulda dumped him right then and there since he was in that state for a while. Also, Tasha's "support" was done without knowing that this dude was a bum.

Issa aint shyt because she should have broken up with him instead of cheating. And she treated Daniel like shyt too. And she shytted on Molly. Im not supporting either of these movements.

Saying that, I would laid Tasha the fukk out. :noah:

And Molly riding that nikka. :ohlawd:
nikka please