Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
:what: how he chest on her when they broke up because SHE cheated on him?
I would have had no problem with what he did had he NOT contacted Issa beforehand. That was a fukk boy move - plain and simple. He got her hopes up about reconciling.

From the moment he called, the reset button was hit. So the fact that he fukked that hoe 5 seconds later counts as cheating in my book.:yeshrug:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I would have had no problem with what he did had he NOT contacted Issa beforehand. That was a fukk boy move - plain and simple. He got her hopes up about reconciling.

From the moment he called, the reset button was hit. So the fact that he fukked that hoe 5 seconds later counts as cheating in my book.:yeshrug:
But he moved all his shyt out, left the keys on the counter
How are they together ?
Was it petty ? yeah but he called so 1 he could know how long he had to get his shyt out and 2 let her know he was done

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards

I miss you but I don't want you back :troll:

He never said he wanted her back

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

"We should talk" does not equal "we are back together":camby:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
But he moved all his shyt out, left the keys on the counter
How are they together ?
Was it petty ? yeah but he called so 1 he could know how long he had to get his shyt out and 2 let her know he was done

:dame:

He didn't tell her any of those things during that phone conversation. In fact, he made it seem like he wanted to make up and work things out.:stopitslime:

Have a seat. :comeon:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nygga was borderline bum status a dude with no job that's can't even recognize ur bday
He was definitely taking his girl for granted
She checked him and he started to straighten up
He ain't really start getting his shyt together until after she already cheated
Getting a job and ring shopping
U really think she would have cheated if those things happened before she cheated
She felt like she fkd up right after she did it
It wasn't like she was confused about who she wanted to be with
And it's not like she didn't have a choice to move on with her life at that point

My girl thinks she did. That she was unhappy period and just used Lawrence fukking up as an excuse to place all the blame on him. Not a defense of Lawrence at all. He was definitely bugging.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

He didn't tell her any of those things during that phone conversation. In fact, he made it seem like he wanted to make up and work things out.:stopitslime:

I never said he told her that. I said he had the convo with her so he would know how long he'd have to get his shyt out.
She told him where she was.
He figured out how much time he'd have and said let's talk about where we stand.
Plot twist, there was no talking. He took his shyt and moved out

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nygga was borderline bum status a dude with no job that's can't even recognize ur bday
He was definitely taking his girl for granted
She checked him and he started to straighten up
He ain't really start getting his shyt together until after she already cheated
Getting a job and ring shopping
U really think she would have cheated if those things happened before she cheated
She felt like she fkd up right after she did it
It wasn't like she was confused about who she wanted to be with
And it's not like she didn't have a choice to move on with her life at that point

Yall do know fam was depressed because he kept string out on them job interviews, right?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

He told her they werent together at the job
Asking to talk was just that he wanted to talk
She shouldn't have assumed nothing
Why didnt she keep it a hunnid and say I leaving right now to come see you:martin:
Playing games right there why sneak home instead of telling him straightup

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I never said he told her that. I said he had the convo with her so he would know how long he'd have to get his shyt out.
She told him where she was.
He figured out how much time he'd have and said let's talk about where we stand.
Plot twist, there was no talking. He took his shyt and moved out

Nah dude doesn't seem like the grimy type of person that would do that. I think he genuinely meant to stay there and work it out when she got back but changed his mind when he got there.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

It ALL came full circle on Issa. Remember when she got HIS hopes up that she was "all in" with the relationship and then two episodes later was getting daddy long stroked in a studio? The point of the entire episode was that Issa experienced everything she was dishing out throughout the season. Molly being pissed at her, Kelli not giving a fukk about her problems ("when you get hit or pregnant it'll be about you") Lawrence dangling the hope of reconciliation before leaving and smashing someone else. It was ALL designed to show Issa getting a taste of what it's like on the other side