Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Nish

Rookie
Daps
spotify.com/user/insecurehbo

Its possible but definitely not anytime soon. Issa didn't know how to apologize, she treats everything like a joke and she's dismissive of people's feelings. Her and Molly's beef wasn't that big but cheating on Lawrence and hiding it was.

Yeah, I don't really see how she can come back from that. What she did was hella sheisty. But, they've been through a lot together so hopefully he'll be able to forgive her some day.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What I'd like to see explored it why women take so long to fully "reconnect" when they "check out". Having been cheated on before, the situation was pretty similar. She had her issue with our relationship, I worked on those things not knowing she had already started to entertain the thought of stepping out and never realized all the changes I made etc.

To a lesser extent Issa did the same thing. She didn't really appreciate all lawrence did for her until after she cheated. Is it simply people like her and my ex just take longer to get over being hurt?

My girl feels like Issa's been unhappy with herself and would have spiraled the way she did regardless if Lawrence had never slipped on his duties or not. She just used that as an excuse etc.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I would love for the show to be unique and actually put Lawrence and Tasha in an actual relationship for most, if not all of season 2. The show could explore Lawrence and Issa being apart and actually growing as people, reconnecting slowly as friends and PERHAPS get together at the very end of season 2 or the beginning of season 3

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What I'd like to see explored it why women take so long to fully "reconnect" when they "check out". Having been cheated on before, the situation was pretty similar. She had her issue with our relationship, I worked on those things not knowing she had already started to entertain the thought of stepping out and never realized all the changes I made etc.

To a lesser extent Issa did the same thing. She didn't really appreciate all lawrence did for her until after she cheated. Is it simply people like her and my ex just take longer to get over being hurt?

My girl feels like Issa's been unhappy with herself and would have spiraled the way she did regardless if Lawrence had never slipped on his duties or not. She just used that as an excuse etc.
Nygga was borderline bum status a dude with no job that's can't even recognize ur bday
He was definitely taking his girl for granted
She checked him and he started to straighten up
He ain't really start getting his shyt together until after she already cheated
Getting a job and ring shopping
U really think she would have cheated if those things happened before she cheated
She felt like she fkd up right after she did it
It wasn't like she was confused about who she wanted to be with
And it's not like she didn't have a choice to move on with her life at that point

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
What is the last song that was playing when Issa entered the apartment near the end? :lupe:

And no I don't have Spotify. :beli:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
All of Lawrence's boys are #HOH

Great show can't wait till next season. Hopefully they don't fukk it up with some feminist "I'm with her" type shyt.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
1) To make sure he could swiftly grab his stuff and ghost
2) He was being petty (no judgement here, she hurt him). She drove back in LA traffic from Malibu back to LA thinking things were on the up and up and he was stringing her along.

I think actually lied in the bed and started to think and changed his mind about everything. Thats why the sheets were messed up.