Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
just watched the ep, been taking with my homegirl about it (of course shes saying lawrence is wack to her now despite him being in the right, but she also thought he got up in tashas guts in her bed though)
This definitely up there with one of the best first seasons of a dramedy in a while tbt
I didn't see exactly where it was going in the closing moments
I mean you either take what he did as completely cynical or more spur of the moment, if you take the episode on it's own it's easy to say that he did all that just to hurt her: from about to screw a skripper, realizes he's got option,telling her he missed her and wanted to talk, and then moves everything except the best buy shirt, and screwed tasha just for revenge.

But judging from the whole season I don't think he's that savage, I say he actually did miss her somewhat, and did do it to hurt her but that wasnt his only goal and he got with tasha because he actually likes her.

I hope it's the later personally, but i guess we'll see next season whether he continues to grow as a character or not.

Great ep though, im glad her and molly made up hopefully they become better people.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Nah dude doesn't seem like the grimy type of person that would do that. I think he genuinely meant to stay there and work it out when she got back but changed his mind when he got there.
I've been in a similar situation and you get #HOH real quick when you pushed to that point.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
u gotta understand u dealing with black actresses. They feel they have to hold up to a certain standard to be respected in the industry. Plus they be so worried about their image and wat their family will think. I didnt expect to see any nudity from the women tbh just cuz i know damn near all black actresses dont do nudity but was pretty shocked by the ending

I dunno, I just know on showtime shows like ray Donovan, house of lies, and shameless, damn near every actress gets naked whether they R a star or not. Black and white. Hell, Westworld got more nudity from the female lead actors than insecure.

Daps
Nah dude doesn't seem like the grimy type of person that would do that. I think he genuinely meant to stay there and work it out when she got back but changed his mind when he got there.

Yea, I don't think he called Issa to figure out where she was either, I think he called cause he was in his feelings. You could tell by his demeanor. He never steered the conversation towards her whereabouts, she offered that up on her own. I think after the call he got back with his boys and realized he had a chick in his pocket and got out of the feelings and the only reason they didn't show this was because they wanted to save that :gladbron: moment for the viewer.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ok so Issa pretty much confirmed that Lawrence didn't call her with ulterior motives.

basically she said he did miss her, but the moment he stepped back in the apartment he felt like he was regressing. Like he'd be foolish to just forgive Issa and go back to the way things were before, so that when he decided to move out.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I dunno, I just know on showtime shows like ray Donovan, house of lies, and shameless, damn near every actress gets naked whether they R a star or not. Black and white. Hell, Westworld got more nudity from the female lead actors than insecure.
that goes back to my statement about black women in hollywood tho. They believe it lessens they value and credibility in the biz or whatever if they get naked. All those shows u named only had nudity from two black women and coincidentally enough they are both biracial :heh:...98% of black women in hollywood go by the angela bassett way of acting where they almost all have a no nudity rule (even tho angela got naked in that one space movie but it was so fast u barely notice)