Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So what us the Larry Wilmore connection? He has a creator credit on the show but isn't really involved.

I was hoping to see him and Raphael Sadiq in the documentary but they weren't included.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So what us the Larry Wilmore connection? He has a creator credit on the show but isn't really involved.

I was hoping to see him and Raphael Sadiq in the documentary but they weren't included.

Contractually they had to credit him because he helped Issa develop it but the original premise for the series was as a workplace comedy. When they decided to focus more on Issa as a black woman and added Molly and her other friends thats when Wilmore dropped out

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Contractually they had to credit him because he helped Issa develop it but the original premise for the series was as a workplace comedy. When they decided to focus more on Issa as a black woman and added Molly and her other friends thats when Wilmore dropped out

OK I thought it was the other way where he helped develop it from the workplace sitcom to expanding to her life