Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
If they were gonna go this route I think it would’ve been dope for every episode to be a birthday. That would have given more time for serious events like Molly’s mom passing away to breathe. I don’t know why they wasted time with filler storylines to get to that point.

Okay I could see that, I didn’t hate the finale but they did waste a lot of time in some earlier episodes. I kept holding out hope on the Crenshawn storyline but it turned out to useless. She could have just mentioned she’s working with a independent creator once and it would have had the same effect

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The final scene was a perfect full circle. The series BEGAN with Lawrence dismissive of Issa's birthday only to end with him and her celebrating it. Both in a way better place. Her and Molly ending it because it's the true love story of their friendship and how both have evolved where Issa in the 1st episode of Molly having "broke p*ssy" and not wanting a man. The subtle showing of the engagement ring. How the Issa reflection was no where to be found showing she no longer self-doubting and insecure of herself. It's a fitting ending.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
They basically yadayada’d all the good shyt to focus on inconsequential moments. Considering the end game there was no need to spend so much time with Nathan or Crenshawn

I just hate the Hollywood ending of Issa is sure of herself now and things just work out happily ever after. I would’ve liked to see this final season show what secure Molly and Issa look like while navigating their new paths in their relationships and overcoming those insecurities while in the relationship. Show the stress of coparenting or Issa being Insecure if she’s more important than the child or baby’s momma. They could’ve dug into Molly and balancing the power imbalance of Taurean being made partner and her overcoming that IMO and it would’ve been more interesting than what we got.

:childplease: It is a comedy show. How can any of that shyt be funny?

Nobody want all that seriousness. Tha fukk??

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The doc was good, its crazy where this show started and where it ended up.

The biggest change was the camera work. It’s almost hard to go back and watch the first season after they changed the lighting and camera work in season 2. Also the “fantasy” of all the different fashion and hairstyles and make up every scene. They were pretty much runway ready just doing normal everyday shyt. How Issa looked in season 1 was much more realistic

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
If they were gonna go this route I think it would’ve been dope for every episode to be a birthday. That would have given more time for serious events like Molly’s mom passing away to breathe. I don’t know why they wasted time with filler storylines to get to that point.

I think that would've been dope. I enjoyed the finale though. Pretty predictable, but a good ending to a good series. Shout out to my dog Nathan for disengaging from Issa toxic bullshyt. Shout out to Condola for having a successful trap lol.

The only problem I have is that Issa and Lawrence's relationship mirrored Melanie and Derwin from The Game.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My biggest issue this season was Kellie being a goofball and having no growth for four seasons to growing up fast as hell in season five.

It feels like they made her an afterthought and then was like, “oh, she has to grow up too!”

They ran out of ideas the last two seasons. The season four finale and the ninth episode of this season were the only highlights for me.